Need Help With Which Pentair Pump to Get [Issues]

JackHarkness

Oct 29, 2010
Temecula, CA
I was looking into a 011056 - but all installers want $1,800..to install it. Not something I have. Brick and mortar is selling for $1439.00 before taxes with $100 rebate apparently.

Warranty is kind of important for me - and so Pentair requires professional install to get 2-3 years.

1 Installer said he'd install the pentair pump but claimed "yeah the 011056 is overkill for your setup"

I have no jets, no spa - literally a rectangular pool. 11,916 gallons - 6 ft at the deep end - I eventually want a SWG too....

What pump do I really need in terms of Horsepower, etc to go from Single Speed to Variable speed? I heard a VSF is entirely unnecessary as well...

Thank you!

Last edited:
I was looking into a 011056 - but all installers want $1,800..to install it. Not something I have. Brick and mortar is selling for $1439.00 before taxes with $100 rebate apparently.

Warranty is kind of important for me - and so Pentair requires professional install to get 2-3 years.

1 Installer said he'd install the pentair pump but claimed "yeah the 011056 is overkill for your setup"

I have no jets, no spa - literally a rectangular pool. 11,916 gallons - 6 ft at the deep end - I eventually want a SWG too....

What pump do I really need in terms of Horsepower, etc to go from Single Speed to Variable speed? I heard a VSF is entirely unnecessary as well...

Thank you!
You absolutely want a VS pump, doubly-so because you're wanting to move to a SWCG. It's a no-brainer.
I'm fond of my Intelliflo VSF, and like you, I have a very simple pool setup. Runs all day at 1300 rpm - 196 watts per hour.

Get a SuperFlow VS and read the fine print on who Pentair considers a "professional" pool pump installer. Good VS pump and easy to install.
Operates on 110 or 220 power and includes the o-ring union connections.

My experience is that Pentair is pretty liberal in their definition of “Professional Installation” a plumber, electrician, pool service or even a home handyman service all qualify. If you can come up with a bill to prove “professional installation“, you can register your warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.