Connecting 3 Pentair 011056 Intelliflo VS pumps to my Jandy iAquaLink.

I know @generessler has AquaLink and at least 1 IntelliFlo pump. Maybe he has some additional knowledge to provide input on multiple use of IntelliFlo pumps with AquaLink.

Thanks so much for everyone who chipped in on this thread, especially @HermanTX . All 3 of my Pentair VSP's are working great in my Jandy iAquaLink. The biggest thing I struggled with was finally realizing that the pumps need to be wired to the always-on-power side of the physical relay, so that the pump's control panels are always on, and the other thing I struggled with at first was realizing that the pump #'s shown on the VSP setup page in the iAqualink software correlate to the actual pump addresses that I set on the physical Pentair units (addresses 1, 2, and 3) and that I no longer am actually using a physical relay to turn those pumps on like my older fixed-speed Jandy pumps.

I set my main Pentair filter pump to 1750rpms for now (prime at 2500 for 1 minute), and then for my Slide pump and Disappearing Edge pump, I set 3 different pump speeds for each pump, Low (950), Medium (1750) and High (2750), and assigned the Medium speed on each of those two pumps to an available Aux (5 and 7 respectively), so now I can either automatically turn them on to Medium speed, via a) the daily schedule, or b) manually with a push of an icon in the iAqualink... and I can also change the pump speeds on them to Low or High manually too. It's really awesome and I really love these pumps.

Also really love how the Jandy Status page shows me the current RPM as well at the Wattage drawn, very helpful.

I have 3 more Jandy single speed pumps, but one is a 1.0HP pump so it doesn't draw a ton of power, and the others are beefy Jandy 3.0HP pumps to run the waterfalls but, ROI on those would take forever cause I only run those waterfalls about 4 hours a week in total.

This change to VSP is one of the best things I've done with my pool equipment and setup!

Thanks so much for everyone who chipped in on this thread, especially @HermanTX . All 3 of my Pentair VSP's are working great in my Jandy iAquaLink. The biggest thing I struggled with was finally realizing that the pumps need to be wired to the always-on-power side of the physical relay, so that the pump's control panels are always on, and the other thing I struggled with at first was realizing that the pump #'s shown on the VSP setup page in the iAqualink software correlate to the actual pump addresses that I set on the physical Pentair units (addresses 1, 2, and 3) and that I no longer am actually using a physical relay to turn those pumps on like my older fixed-speed Jandy pumps.

I set my main Pentair filter pump to 1750rpms for now (prime at 2500 for 1 minute), and then for my Slide pump and Disappearing Edge pump, I set 3 different pump speeds for each pump, Low (950), Medium (1750) and High (2750), and assigned the Medium speed on each of those two pumps to an available Aux (5 and 7 respectively), so now I can either automatically turn them on to Medium speed, via a) the daily schedule, or b) manually with a push of an icon in the iAqualink... and I can also change the pump speeds on them to Low or High manually too. It's really awesome and I really love these pumps.

Also really love how the Jandy Status page shows me the current RPM as well at the Wattage drawn, very helpful.

I have 3 more Jandy single speed pumps, but one is a 1.0HP pump so it doesn't draw a ton of power, and the others are beefy Jandy 3.0HP pumps to run the waterfalls but, ROI on those would take forever cause I only run those waterfalls about 4 hours a week in total.

This change to VSP is one of the best things I've done with my pool equipment and setup!
Glad it all worked out.

Reactions: jesse-99
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.