Need help with above ground pool. Green cloudy water after 2 days of filling.

Daeds

Apr 30, 2022
Portugal
Hey there people,
It's my 3rd year with my 4 gallon Intex pool but, this year, 2 days after I filled the pool and got the pump running, the water is green and cloudy.
Sadly I don't have a good test kit at hand but the water came from a well and it's a very hard water, the ph (red phenol) tests are through the roof and I don't really know how to fix this.

I did clean the sand filter from last season before plugging it in the pool.

Even after using muriatic acid the ph didn't even bulge and I even put a lot more than I should.

I'm waiting on some aquachek 7 strips next week but atm I just have the basic home FC and PH liquid tests.

Helppp..? :D

Hi and welcome to TFP. Thank you for joining us! You need some liquid chlorine to get in that pool to start clearing up the water. I do worry there is iron in the pool from the well water. Wait lets back up a bit.....so you filled up the pool...................once it was full what did you add to the water and when?

Can you stop the test strips? They are worst than nothing. We call the "guess strips" as it is a guess if they are even close. Trying to use them will cause more harm than good. What you need is a Taylor 2006C test kit. I am glad you have the ph and FC test kit but you need to be able to test for TA and CYA also.

I add a 10 actions tablet and the day after almost 2l of muriatic acid as the ph was thru the roof. Gonna try and cancel the strips, where in Portugal can I find those tests? Can't seem to find them anywhere :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.