Need help fast please

Pool store does the metal tests.

Do your fixtures have stains? Is this well water? Have you used any copper containing products in the pool in the past?

Pool store does the metal tests.

Do your fixtures have stains? Is this well water? Have you used any copper containing products in the pool in the past?
No stains on anything. City water. The only chemicals I have used is muriatic acid, cya and bleach in the pools lifetime. We have had a few heavy rains but they havent been a problem ever before.

I do see a different hue. More aqua than green now. Plus you can see the wall pattern. I think you'll see an even bigger change in the AM and through tomorrow as long as you maintain SLAM.
Still slamming and you were right. Cya at 30, fc at 18 and cc .5. Still cloudy but it is blue.

Attachments

• 20190815_092848.jpg
    20190815_092848.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 29
  • 20190815_092858.jpg
    20190815_092858.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
NICE! lets see you started the Slam Tuesday night, I think you said at around 11pm.. and its blue Thursday morning! You'll spend today filtering the particulates and it should be clearing by tomorrow!... Just in time for the party. SLAM-ology to the rescue!
Let's hope!! Glad I cut my vacation short to hustle home and deal with this Tuesday night! Also glad for all the help here, you guys are great folks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Still slamming, getting bluer and clearer. I may overlooked an obvious help, postponing the party at least 1 day, lol. Really cloudy but I can nearly see the bottom now.

Attachments

• 20190815_152645.jpg
    20190815_152645.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 27
Once you can see the bottom you can let the FC drop a bit below SLAM level and you are safe to allow swimming. Once the party is over resume the SLAM Process until you pass the 3 exit criteria.

You did a great job under pressure!

Reactions: sammckin
Nicely done!! What a difference from last night. You are officially a TFP Wizard! :stirpot:

Keep on keeping on, the party has been saved. All hail Dad!

I'm so glad it turned. I was a little concerned about the Friday timeline, but you've proved that SLAM diligence is the key and that it really can work fast when you're testing and adding very frequently. I love it!

Nicely done!! What a difference from last night. You are officially a TFP Wizard! :stirpot:

Keep on keeping on, the party has been saved. All hail Dad!

I'm so glad it turned. I was a little concerned about the Friday timeline, but you've proved that SLAM diligence is the key and that it really can work fast when you're testing and adding very frequently. I love it!
Thanks for the help and support. Brush, brush, brush!!

Reactions: frogabog
Wonderful news! 2 more days of this and you might even be sparkling clear.

Watch your filter/flow... if the flow is losing pressure then backwash. But if not, don't backwash yet. A dirty filter can work better than a clean one for finer particulates.

Wonderful news! 2 more days of this and you might even be sparkling clear.

Watch your filter/flow... if the flow is losing pressure then backwash. But if not, don't backwash yet. A dirty filter can work better than a clean one for finer particulates.
Gotcha, I've been keeping an eye on the pressure. I've had to backwash a couple times to keep the flow up. Feel free to throw out any other suggestions please.

Reactions: Bigrmorale
You're doing it all just right, just keep maintaining SLAM FC.

I guess if you happen to have an old cartridge filter lying around that you could add that to the pool for extra filtering. Dunno if you had a smaller pool before or not (the only reason really that anyone has those lying around).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.