Need help draing 70's era pool.

dickeystorm

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2010
Lake Jackson, TX
Hi all,

I am helping a friend with her lovely forest green water and a cya of 100. We are drawing down the water in an attempt to get the cya in a better range (30). The pool is ~20 x 36 oval inground plaster with a spa. The skimmer has 2 holes in the bottom. One is definately sucking. Where does the other go? to the main drain? What I've noticed is that the spa emptied quick and the first 3-4 inches went quick and then the skimmer stopped sucking because it was below the water level and consequently the suction slowed down.

What I don't know is how the pool is plumbed.

Thanks.

If the main drain is connected to the skimmer as you suspect, you will have to get a submersible pump to continue draining.

the only way to use the pool pump, would be to have teh skimmer and main drain plumbed indepentently back to the pump, with valves on each line. You could then close the skimmer valve, and continue from the main drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.