Apr 30, 2017
San Jose, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

I have a Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus and it does a fantastic job at picking up the leaves and smaller organic junk that falls into the pool. Unfortunately I don't feel like it petrforms well at all as it relates to picking up sand/dirt or even algea that may have bloomed on the walls of the pool. I used to have an Hayward Tigershark and although I wasn't a huge fan of the cleaning that filter, I feel like the robot did a much better job at picking up the small particles. I remember when the season started, I could see where the algea was being pulled into the filter because the robot would leave trails behind. With the Nautilus, I'm just not seeing this and when I brush my pool, I find that it's often dusted up requiring the main pool filter to filter that gunk out.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced issues picking up dirt/fine particles for it and/or whether this is just me poorly remembering or if it's actually just better for that profile of water pollutant?

Did you get the ultra fine filters (pleated like a cars air filter) with your CC plus or did it come with ones that look like fine mesh screens? If it has the latter I would recommend you get the ultra fine filters. They trap a whole heckuva lot more stuff.

Reactions: Mdragger88
These are the filters i am recommending. (Verify fitment first!)
Yes I do have these filters. They are the pleated types and not the meshes. I even tried to purchase another set from amazon but that didn't change anything. It does pick up a bit of dirt/grime to be clear. But it does seem to leave a fair amount of it behind as well :/

Yes I do have these filters. They are the pleated types and not the meshes. I even tried to purchase another set from amazon but that didn't change anything. It does pick up a bit of dirt/grime to be clear. But it does seem to leave a fair amount of it behind as well :/
Interesting, I have the cc (not plus) with the pleated filters and love it. I do run it almost every day though. How often do you run yours?

I've got the cc plus. I end up using the fine filters more than the mesh ones. Arizona desert, lots of blowing sand and dust. They do a great job for me; I'm sorry that's not the case for you, OP. A tip on cleaning them: soak them for 30 mins about once a month in 1/4 cup TSP, 1/4 cup laundry bleach, and a gallon of water. Rinse 'em off and they're good as new.

I've got the cc plus. I end up using the fine filters more than the mesh ones. Arizona desert, lots of blowing sand and dust. They do a great job for me; I'm sorry that's not the case for you, OP. A tip on cleaning them: soak them for 30 mins about once a month in 1/4 cup TSP, 1/4 cup laundry bleach, and a gallon of water. Rinse 'em off and they're good as new.
Thanks for the tip! I just bought an extra set because the old ones are so dirty. It would be great to get them like new again. I need to pick up some TSP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.