Apr 30, 2017
San Jose, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

I have a Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus and it does a fantastic job at picking up the leaves and smaller organic junk that falls into the pool. Unfortunately I don't feel like it petrforms well at all as it relates to picking up sand/dirt or even algea that may have bloomed on the walls of the pool. I used to have an Hayward Tigershark and although I wasn't a huge fan of the cleaning that filter, I feel like the robot did a much better job at picking up the small particles. I remember when the season started, I could see where the algea was being pulled into the filter because the robot would leave trails behind. With the Nautilus, I'm just not seeing this and when I brush my pool, I find that it's often dusted up requiring the main pool filter to filter that gunk out.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced issues picking up dirt/fine particles for it and/or whether this is just me poorly remembering or if it's actually just better for that profile of water pollutant?

W.J.Christy

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Feb 17, 2022
Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Did you get the ultra fine filters (pleated like a cars air filter) with your CC plus or did it come with ones that look like fine mesh screens? If it has the latter I would recommend you get the ultra fine filters. They trap a whole heckuva lot more stuff.

Reactions: Mdragger88

W.J.Christy

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Feb 17, 2022
Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type

ti_chris

Apr 30, 2017
San Jose, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
These are the filters i am recommending. (Verify fitment first!)
Yes I do have these filters. They are the pleated types and not the meshes. I even tried to purchase another set from amazon but that didn't change anything. It does pick up a bit of dirt/grime to be clear. But it does seem to leave a fair amount of it behind as well :/

W.J.Christy

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Feb 17, 2022
Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Yes I do have these filters. They are the pleated types and not the meshes. I even tried to purchase another set from amazon but that didn't change anything. It does pick up a bit of dirt/grime to be clear. But it does seem to leave a fair amount of it behind as well :/
Interesting, I have the cc (not plus) with the pleated filters and love it. I do run it almost every day though. How often do you run yours?

ye olde salt

Apr 26, 2022
Palominas, Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've got the cc plus. I end up using the fine filters more than the mesh ones. Arizona desert, lots of blowing sand and dust. They do a great job for me; I'm sorry that's not the case for you, OP. A tip on cleaning them: soak them for 30 mins about once a month in 1/4 cup TSP, 1/4 cup laundry bleach, and a gallon of water. Rinse 'em off and they're good as new.

Orion7319

Jul 1, 2020
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I've got the cc plus. I end up using the fine filters more than the mesh ones. Arizona desert, lots of blowing sand and dust. They do a great job for me; I'm sorry that's not the case for you, OP. A tip on cleaning them: soak them for 30 mins about once a month in 1/4 cup TSP, 1/4 cup laundry bleach, and a gallon of water. Rinse 'em off and they're good as new.
Thanks for the tip! I just bought an extra set because the old ones are so dirty. It would be great to get them like new again. I need to pick up some TSP.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread