Natural stone effect on water chemistry?

The stone used will not effect your water chemistry.

The aeration caused by the water feature will cause your pH to rise requiring acid to keep pH in the 7s.

Some natural stones contain iron. Be sure anything you use does not have that.

Yep.. Here is my lesson learned.. It does scrub off with acid and has never caused additional issues...

As far as the pH is concerned, few glugs of acid every other day is all that is required. We really love the waterfall so it is a very small price to pay in our view... IMG_20190330_112234.jpg

Yep.. Here is my lesson learned.. It does scrub off with acid and has never caused additional issues...

As far as the pH is concerned, few glugs of acid every other day is all that is required. We really love the waterfall so it is a very small price to pay in our view... View attachment 131323
I never has staining or Iron until we have our Tile coping replaced with Stone. Now that I know what it is and the cause I just added jacks Pink stuff every once in a while..
Can you seal the stone?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.