My G3 Leisure Bay Spa will not heat up

Kgann

Dec 22, 2022
Atlanta, GA
We have a G3 Leisure Bay Spa. It started leaking from the union gasket on the pump. We replaced the gasket. Now that the gasket has been replaced the spa will not heat up on its own. If you manually turn the pump on the spa will heat up a couple of degrees, but it only runs a couple of minutes and turns off. The temperature then falls back down. We do not have a manual for this spa. Can someone please help?

K,

When you filled the tub back up did you just throw the hose in the bottom of the tub, or did you put it in the filter housing?

I know nothing about your specific spa, but it sounds like you might have an air lock which can happen when you replace parts in the water's path through the plumbing.

Let's see if @RDspaguy is around today.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Post pics of the equipment area, circuit board, and wiring diagram so I can see what you've got.

but it sounds like you might have an air lock
It could be, and seems likely given the circumstances, but different control systems operate differently in minor ways, like why they turn off the pump. Few will turn off a pump due to an airlock or other loss of flow. So I'd like to see what's there before jumping to any conclusions.

replaced the gasket.
Did you drain it or close the valves? Were the valves hard to close all the way?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.