MX8 Elite High-Centers on Pool Rounded Edges

savingstrangers

Apr 8, 2021
Orlando, FL
My MX8 Elite is a couple years old, but has had gears replaced and is in fine shape per the techs at my pool store - but it seems to be having issues (several times per day) getting stuck on the rounded edges of my pool walls, it seems to catch perfectly wrong on the rounded part and get "high centered" on them, to where the suction spot sucks and the gears don't catch the wall anymore so it can't go backward or forward at all, they just spin and spin while it's "stuck" to the edge. Hard to see from my attached image probably, there's two rounded spots in my pool like this, and he gets stuck spinning his wheels on both spots pretty often.

Anyone have any good suggestions? Pool store wasn't much help :/

Anything online I'm finding is mostly related to getting stuck on stairs, or not enough suction to get up walls, but I can't find anything about my issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 11.41.40 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 11.41.40 AM.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 7
Welcome to TFP.

See if anything in this thread helps you...

Thanks, glad to be here! I don't think any of that applies to my situation though, the gears are fine, it climbs walls fine, it rotates/reverses/turns just great at this point... it's legit just getting high-centered on the rounded parts of my pool's shape - local pool store said "Sorry I can't help that it gets stuck on the shape of your pool" - I'm not really looking to blame the MX-8 or that it's a flaw, I guess I'm curious if there's any solution ... nobody else has rounded edges that apparently are sharp enough to let their bot get high-centered like this on? Was hoping I wasn't the only one, and maybe some height adjustment or something to tweak?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.