Charlotte NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
1) My Pebble Tec pool is just over 3 months old and my Zodiac MX8 Elite is having trouble climbing walls for the past few weeks. It is connected to my vacuum line and I believe there is good suction, as I have the pool drain barely open and nothing else has changed. I cleaned it out, but it only gets about two feet up the wall before it is unable to continue. Is it possible there are some worn out parts? It took a bit of a beating early on, as it sucked up Pebble Tec residue. I also have been brushing the walls.

2) How often should I run the cleaner in the pool? I hardly ever remove it, and the pump had been running 12 hours daily until recently reducing it to 9 hours a day.

Thank you!

You may want to start with cleaning your filter. It could be accumulation of dust and debris in the filter slowing flow. The tracks usually need to be replaced once a year. The mx8 also has a suction reduction fitting going into it, this can be replaced with a standard fitting. For the most part the vac climbing the walls isn’t necessary. You can also check the flex turbine to see if anything is wedged between the ball and side wall.

You may want to start with cleaning your filter. It could be accumulation of dust and debris in the filter slowing flow. The tracks usually need to be replaced once a year. The mx8 also has a suction reduction fitting going into it, this can be replaced with a standard fitting. For the most part the vac climbing the walls isn’t necessary. You can also check the flex turbine to see if anything is wedged between the ball and side wall.
Thanks. I cleaned the filter a few weeks back. It had debris from the initial break-in period, as well as some scale. Is the suction reduction fitting the yellow insert? If so, I removed that before I began to use the cleaner.

Thank you. Is there any reason why you wouldn't use the quick disconnect versus the flow regulator if it provides more suction? I'm thinking better suction would increase performance and improve ability to climb walls.

Most of the newer models come with the flow regulator connect to protect the vac from too much suction(stripping tracks and gears in gear box) I prefer the quick connect and adjusting my own speed for the mx8.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.