Muriatic acid cost

My local mom & pop shop (eKonomy Pools) does a refillable carrier program (4 x 1 gallon jugs with safety carrier) where you put down a one time, refundable $6 deposit and you get 4 gallons of MA for $4.75 per gallon. Works out to a little over $20 with tax for 4 gallons. Good stuff, "No-Glug" jugs, always strong, no throw-aways.

Just saw you're in Tucson. Where are you shopping at?

My local mom & pop shop (eKonomy Pools) does a refillable carrier program (4 x 1 gallon jugs with safety carrier) where you put down a one time, refundable $6 deposit and you get 4 gallons of MA for $4.75 per gallon. Works out to a little over $20 with tax for 4 gallons. Good stuff, "No-Glug" jugs, always strong, no throw-aways.

Just saw you're in Tucson. Where are you shopping at?

Yep. Shopping eKonomy at Orange Grove and Thorny. The last 4 I got there was $19, so I was wondering if there were better options. I do like those guys, but money talks. ?

Yep. Shopping eKonomy at Orange Grove and Thorny. The last 4 I got there was $19, so I was wondering if there were better options. I do like those guys, but money talks. ��

I go to the Speedway branch. Last time I purchased was back in June and it was still $19. I'd still buy it at $21 because all the other pool stores and hardware stores are easily over $12 for 2 gallons in a disposable jug (so it puts plastic in landfills). Sometimes you can get a seasonal deal at Ace Hardware, but it's not all the time. eKonomy is the only place I found it to be consistently cheap and not filling up my trash can with empty jugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, the Speedway Shop sells Taylor reagent refills for every test....I like supporting local businesses whenever I can....

Home Depot here in Central Tx, has it for $6.50/gal 31.45%
local pool store has it for $8.50/gal

Our Lowe's has Kemtek brand $10.98 for a 2-pack....

Makes me feel good about the $4.99 per gallon ($9.98 per 2 gallons) I pay at the local Thompson Farm Supply.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.