How to know if acid has damaged Pebbeltec

Shangomoose

Jul 3, 2023
Texas
Hello everyone,

New pool owner here. The build was completed last March. Took care of the pool with the help of this fantastic website.

Now that’s it’s been a year, I’m noticing things I didn’t notice last year.

One thing is the look of the pebbletec near the main drain. Not smooth like the rest of the pool. Not yellow or stained. It kind of looks like the pebbletec is gone is some parts. Could this have been due to acid? Or should I contact the builder to take a look.

The other thing is hard white deposits in the waterline grout, only in the spa. Any recommendations on removing them? I’ve tried the pumice stone but it didn’t help. I’m not into the idea of using muriatic acid to remove it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hello everyone,

New pool owner here. The build was completed last March. Took care of the pool with the help of this fantastic website.

Now that’s it’s been a year, I’m noticing things I didn’t notice last year.

One thing is the look of the pebbletec near the main drain. Not smooth like the rest of the pool. Not yellow or stained. It kind of looks like the pebbletec is gone is some parts. Could this have been due to acid? Or should I contact the builder to take a look.

The other thing is hard white deposits in the waterline grout, only in the spa. Any recommendations on removing them? I’ve tried the pumice stone but it didn’t help. I’m not into the idea of using muriatic acid to remove it.

Any help would be appreciated!
Please post some pictures of the main drain area and steps
Also post pictures of the spa and close up of affected area

Thanks for the responses!

I’ll upload some pics tonight. It was raining all day yesterday.

I’ve been adding muriatic acid. Quarter gal to maybe half gal at a time. I’ll pour it near the return jet and then I’ll use the pool brush to agitate the water. I’ll do this maybe once every week during the summer. I didn’t add any during the winter.

S,

What is your pH when you add the acid and what pH are you trying to target???

How may gallons is your pool?

It is not a good idea to just dump anything into your pool unless you know what your chemicals levels are now, and what chemical level you are trying achieve..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: HermanTX