Meyco Cover - Standing Water OK?

Oct 18, 2016
Long Valley, NJ
We have a Meyco pool cover. We got a lot of rain this winter, so the water level in our (closed) pool is quite high right now. We're not planning to open it until ~Memorial Day. About 10 days ago, we had heavy rain. As is normal for any trampoline-style cover, the rainwater pooled in the middle of the cover. However, because the water level in the pool is so high, the water on top of the cover isn't able to drain into the pool. So, unless we get a lot of evaporation over the next several weeks, the middle of our cover will be waterlogged until we open the pool.

Is this a problem for the longevity of the cover? Are these covers designed to be wet for an extended period of time?

Thanks!

I have a Meyco cover. A pool of water on it will not affect it. I often have a big pool on top of mine during snow melt season, but not this year.

Watch out though for that pool of water on the cover growing algae and getting green. You may need to do a quick SLAM Process at opening.

For safety, I would recommend that you eliminate the standing water.

You can use a submersible pump on the top of the cover or under the cover or maybe do a siphon in the skimmer.

It seems like your cover is probably too slack. Maybe snug it up some.

@ajw22 , @JamesW - Thanks for the replies.

I'm going to try to remove what I can without popping the cover and lowering the pool. There's not enough water on the top to submerge a pump. I might try to brush it off.

I have a Meyco cover. I use a shop vac to remove the standing water on mine. For most rains I may have to empty the vacuum once or twice.
For snow or ice I use a broom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.