Elevating Center of Solid Cover Instead of Using Pump

Sep 11, 2014
N.E. Oklahoma
I have a solid cover and use a pump in the center to remove rain water. It works but accumulates leaves and looks a bit unsightly. I’m considering tying an inner tube in the middle of the pool so it will hold the center of the cover higher than the sides and let the water drain naturally. The only possible downside I can think of is that it may cause problems if we have high winds that get under the cover. Has anyone else tried this method and does it work?

I have a solid cover and use a pump in the center to remove rain water. It works but accumulates leaves and looks a bit unsightly. I’m considering tying an inner tube in the middle of the pool so it will hold the center of the cover higher than the sides and let the water drain naturally. The only possible downside I can think of is that it may cause problems if we have high winds that get under the cover. Has anyone else tried this method and does it work?
It works if you can tie the tube so it doesn’t float away from the center.

Reactions: Newdude
We have a member who stacks 2 high and ties them both together and in the middle of the pool. It makes a better 'moat' that way and all the water is easily reached by the sides.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.