Maximum depth

Adamjs

Mar 22, 2022
Canada
Hi folks. Just wanted some advice on pool depth.

Building a pool this summer and we’re going back and forth on the depth. We don’t have a diving board. Pool is going to be 14x30 feet.

We have kids around 5-7 years old.

Our pool builder mentioned that most pools he’s building these days are around 6 feet deep at max so there’s more shallow space to entertain. Any thoughts here? I have some friends who are around 7.5 to 8 feet max depth.

If I were to do it all over, I may have put in a sports pool. We put in a deep end that was only 6'. Not deep enough for a diving board but I never wanted one. With a sports pool, we could have had volleyball or basketball games in the pool.

On a sports pool I like 4-5-4. Many will be able to walk the full pool. But for a little more variety, you could increase the middle anywhere up to 6'. Though that does increase the slopes. I don't have this style of pool though, so my experience is just from occasional use of other pools.

Or 15 x 40 foot pool has a long shallow end that around 4 to 6’ deep ( slight slant ) and a short 8’ section.
Kids liked being about to walk around and play games like volley ball with their friends

We have an older 20x40 pool with a 10' deep end, and still trying to find a way to fill it in to 5'/6'.
The deep end is useless in my opinion

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.