Mattresses

DAB942

Gold Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Space Coast, FL
This is starting to be my goto for everything consumable. We might be buying another mattress. Currently, we have a Tuft and Needle. We liked it -- I don't remember what we had before that. We've been all over the place. I'm a side sleeper. I have had some form of foam/latex type of mattress for the last decade or so. Anyone buy a mattress recently they love?

I have a Sleep Number mattress I got in 2002, and I love it. No more aches and pains on rising, my back doesn't hurt, and I get the best sleep! When (if) this one wears out, I'll get another one immediately. Only with a pillow top. Sheer heaven.

Oh, and I'm a side sleeper too.

We had a Sleep Number and when we initially bought it, we slept the best we had in our lives! It started getting “lumpy” after a few years, which was probably the memory foam topper. I wish I had just replaced that or even bought a new Sleep Number, but my wife was disappointed in the longevity, so we went back to traditional springs. Still haven’t slept as well as I did when we first got the Sleep Number.

Which model? There are so many...

I got whatever the cheapest model was. I've had no problems with lumpiness or bumpiness, but then I don't have a pillowtop. My first one is a pillowtop, but my DH commandeered it when we moved to our present house (separate rooms, he snores and has the Jimmy legs). He ordered mine, but left out the pillowtop. Grrr.

He gets great sleep, too!

We always got a great night sleep at Hilton Hotels so we bought one of their beds. Seems to be holdin up fine.

Reactions: Mdragger88
We always got a great night sleep at Hilton Hotels so we bought one of their beds. Seems to be holdin up fine.

We thought about that, too -- we liked Hilton's, MArriott's and Four Seasons'. But, weren't sure if we LIKED them for a few nights because we were away or would like them every night. You would assume hotels spend a bajillion dollars in researching sleep comfort - and would have the best mattresses for the widest assortment of sleepers. I think they're pillows might make the experience as well. You talked me in to it. I'm going to spend the next 100 days in a hotel to test. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have had $100 - $1000+ mattresses. Currently I have a $250 zinus mattress in a box. It sleeps pretty well. When it gets the inevitable “pit” from my 250# hubby i will not hesitate to just get another one similar instead of living with an uncomfortable mattress for 10 yrs just because i paid so much $ for it. Also definitely love the foam toppers ❤️
Every mattress i have ever had gets a dip where he sleeps & then i roll into it. Usually takes about 4 yrs. no matter what i do (turning them etc.)

You talked me in to it. I'm going to spend the next 100 days in a hotel to test. :)

I have spent 100+ days in hotels some years and have been able to sample many hotel mattresses. Sometimes my wife would strip the bed to look for labels on a bed we particularly liked or did not like. we ended up with this mattress after getting home from many trips and observing that the hotel bed gave us better sleep then our bed at home.

I have had $100 - $1000+ mattresses. Currently I have a $250 zinus mattress in a box. It sleeps pretty well. When it gets the inevitable “pit” from my 250# hubby i will not hesitate to just get another one similar instead of living with an uncomfortable mattress for 10 yrs just because i paid so much $ for it. Also definitely love the foam toppers ❤
Every mattress i have ever had gets a dip where he sleeps & then i roll into it. Usually takes about 4 yrs. no matter what i do (turning them etc.)
We get the hump in the middle on a king. I'm 6' - wife is 5'10. On innerspring, they eventually just give out. A lady told me we should do a half rotation. My response was "it's not a square!"

I have spent 100+ days in hotels some years and have been able to sample many hotel mattresses. Sometimes my wife would strip the bed to look for labels on a bed we particularly liked or did not like. we ended up with this mattress after getting home from many trips and observing that the hotel bed gave us better sleep then our bed at home.
We've done the same thing - tried to find who actually makes them -- never had any real luck.

We get the hump in the middle on a king. I'm 6' - wife is 5'10. On innerspring, they eventually just give out. A lady told me we should do a half rotation. My response was "it's not a square!"

We have a king bed. The Hilton mattress has labels on the corners for which 3 months that label should be at the foot of the bed. Rotate the mattress every 3 months both flip head to foot and flip the mattress over front to back. So 4 different mattress positions a year.

Reactions: Mdragger88
We have a king bed. The Hilton mattress has labels on the corners for which 3 months that label should be at the foot of the bed. Rotate the mattress every 3 months both flip head to foot and flip the mattress over front to back. So 4 different mattress positions a year.
Double sided pillow top? I thought that was a unicorn 🦄

Reactions: markayash
Y’all have sent me down the rabbit hole lol 😂

Y’all have sent me down the rabbit hole lol 😂

I HATE mattress shopping. "What kind of mattress do you need?" I DON'T KNOW! :)

I read good things about these:

and

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.