Manual pool vac recommendation

Before we bought "Sheldon" our new robot, we were using a PoolBlaster Max hand vac. Rechargeable and pretty darn good, but I'm not sure it would hold up to doing an entire pool? We used it as an adjunct to our fairly lame pressure side sweeper. Now the robot does it all! :goodjob:

But we highly recommend the PoolBlater Max otherwise.

Maddie :flower:

Do you have a dedicated vacuum port or will you be using a skimmer plate? Manual vacuuming with a dedicated wall port is easy; using a skimmer plate can be a royal PITA.

Funny, I just ditched my Kreepy Krauly for a new Dolphin S300i. Works great! Just this morning I pulled it out after a cleaning cycle and an amazing amount of sunk pollen and bleached flower petals came out of it. The fine filter screens were caked with pollen. Even with a heavy load like that, the pool was sparkly clean....

I still use my manual vacuum about once every 10 days or so. I like to make sure I keep the suction port I have circulating with fresh water, otherwise it would just be stagnant. I have your basic cheapo 18" vacuum head that we got with the pool. The plastic wheels are all crazed and look like they're about to crumble any minute and the few metal screws on it have a fair bit of corrosion. But it works ok. I may splurge for a new vacuum head and telescoping pole at the end of this season. Curious to see if anyone has a strong recommendation...

... I may splurge for a new vacuum head and telescoping pole at the end of this season. Curious to see if anyone has a strong recommendation...

I don't have a recommendation on a vacuum head, in fact I might be needing to get one soon. I'm seeing a lot of dirt in the bottom of the pool the Polaris 65 didn't force out of there. For a pole, however, I have this one and it seems pretty sturdy and does not have the twist locks. You can get it at Lowe's https://www.lowes.com/pd/Aqua-EZ-Pool-Pole/1000178657

I don't have a recommendation on a vacuum head, in fact I might be needing to get one soon. I'm seeing a lot of dirt in the bottom of the pool the Polaris 65 didn't force out of there.

Yeah, I had a Polaris 165 that got pretty lazy, hence we were also having to hit the pool with the Pool Blaster Max. No more since we got our robot "Sheldon" the Doheny Discovery which is actually a Maytronics robot. This thing rocks it!!!

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.