Lowest RPM that will activate Hayward Chlorinator…..

Too many variables. Start at 1500 rpm and work down 100 rpm at a time until the SWCG stops generating. Then add 100 rpm to the rate and leave it there.

1500 sounds too low! I'm at 2900, 19.500 Gal pool. Will the SWCG stop immediately when the RPM gets too low…Or do you have to go check every couple hours to see if it turned off? Looks like Hayward would have it documented somewhere but I couldn't find it..

You don’t say what pump you have. If full 3 hp VS, unless you have very complicated plumbing, I suspect you should be able to run at well below 1500 rpm. Try it. The flow switch will actuate immediately if flow is too low.

Have a 1.6 HP. I also have a waterfall and a fountain …..I live in hot Florida with lots or rain in summer month. Currently running ten hours a day but Id like to knock that down to eight.

Reactions: Oly
one thing I have noticed with my VSP is that when the RPM is increased from say 2000 to 3000+ (for Polaris), the water "gushes out" from return jets (e.g., as if there was no water flow and sudden outflow. Not sure it is strong enough to circulate but no issues with chlorinating the water. Trial and error I guess :)

1500 sounds too low! I'm at 2900, 19.500 Gal pool. Will the SWCG stop immediately when the RPM gets too low…Or do you have to go check every couple hours to see if it turned off? Looks like Hayward would have it documented somewhere but I couldn't find it..

In my case, after priming at a high speed, the SWCG would work at 1600 rpm--or so I thought. After a while, the "No Flow" light would come on and the SWCG would stop generating. I increased to 2000 rpm and now the SWCG will work for the full 10.5 hours I have the pump set to run at that speed. Anything less, and it will quit before the time period is up. This could be because I might have a small suction side air leak that's causing slow air buildup in the SWCG cell. My cell is transparent, so I can see air in there at low speeds when the flow is too low.

So I would say you just need to figure out what speed your system requires to maintain flow in the cell for the desired period. Once you know what speed gives you reliable flow, you can figure out how long to run the cell. You might consider running the cell at 100% to minimize pump run times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.