Lots of rain, concerned about a shell leak on new build

se7930

Sep 8, 2020
North Texas
We just had a really good rain event Weds and Thursday. Probably 5 inches total over the 2 days. on Thursday night, there was roughly 4" of water in the spa (it was up to the cap on the bubbler line sticking out of the floor of the spa). Yesterday, I noticed that most of the water in the spa was gone, and this morning it is completely empty while the pool itself has not lost any water level since the rain stopped. Pool company is closed for the holiday weekend, so I cant talk to the project super until Monday. Curious if this is something that is normal, or should I be concerned that the spa shell has a leak prior to plaster?

Attachments

setsailsoon

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 25, 2015
Stuart/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Spa draining could be plumbing and if you haven't had the plaster in the pool concrete seep is normal. Plaster seals the shell.

Chris

Reactions: se7930

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
No issue its normal. The spa is higher amd is draining the ground is wet deeper down. Plaster waterproofs the shell, otherwise we would have straight concrete pools

Reactions: se7930

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Concrete is porous which is why the water level dropped. The plaster will waterproof the concrete thus making it watertight to contain the pool water.