Lots of rain, concerned about a shell leak on new build

se7930

Sep 8, 2020
North Texas
We just had a really good rain event Weds and Thursday. Probably 5 inches total over the 2 days. on Thursday night, there was roughly 4" of water in the spa (it was up to the cap on the bubbler line sticking out of the floor of the spa). Yesterday, I noticed that most of the water in the spa was gone, and this morning it is completely empty while the pool itself has not lost any water level since the rain stopped. Pool company is closed for the holiday weekend, so I cant talk to the project super until Monday. Curious if this is something that is normal, or should I be concerned that the spa shell has a leak prior to plaster?

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 58
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 58
Spa draining could be plumbing and if you haven't had the plaster in the pool concrete seep is normal. Plaster seals the shell.

Chris

Reactions: se7930
Concrete is porous which is why the water level dropped. The plaster will waterproof the concrete thus making it watertight to contain the pool water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.