Fairfax, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
My pool cover is worn out (replacing it next year) and I guess a branch fell on it and made a 6-8” hole over the spa. It’s been raining a lot lately and I can see that the water level has risen. The spa has spillover so I’m assuming that under the cover any excess water is going into the main pool. Do I need to pump out water from the spa or the main pool to address this? Does water level need to below the returns in the spa and/or pool during winter?IMG_7803.jpeg67753146124__C0CEF68E-5510-4B2F-966F-554ADDF88768.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Slap some duct tape over the hole. Get the widest tape you can find. Or tarp repair tape.

Pump out water to keep the water level below the tile line in the spa and pool.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Slap some duct tape over the hole. Get the widest tape you can find. Or tarp repair tape.

Pump out water to keep the water level below the tile line in the spa and pool.
I tried to use duct tape and flex seal tape but neither would stick because of the fibers from the fraying pool cover. Any other options?

Can you go wider with the tape to get it glued to an area where it can stick to?

Can you go wider with the tape to get it glued to an area where it can stick to?
I know the picture is blurry (sorry!) but that whole faded area that looks white is worn down and the fibers are basically everywhere.

Maybe I should put another tarp on top?

Getting a tarp large enough to go over the spa is a brilliant idea. Hold it down with whatever you have. Some bricks or 2x4 strips.

Getting a tarp large enough to go over the spa is a brilliant idea. Hold it down with whatever you have. Some bricks or 2x4 strips.
Cool I’ll try that. Does the water in spa need to be below the returns or just below the tile line?

The returns should be plugged.

If so then just keep water below the tile.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.