Looking into Getting a Robot

Great info here. Thanks everyone. I've sent off an email to Marina to see which model they are recommending for my pool. The wife will hate me for doing it, but she doesn't wrestle with the original Kreep Krauley suction cleaner that we got with the pool 13 years ago. Hoses are starting to crack at the ends and I'll be darn if I buy those expensive sections. I guess my only concern is reliability / shelf life with these robots. I'd love to hear from anyone who still has an older unit that's going strong.

Reactions: markayash
Great info here. Thanks everyone. I've sent off an email to Marina to see which model they are recommending for my pool. The wife will hate me for doing it, but she doesn't wrestle with the original Kreep Krauley suction cleaner that we got with the pool 13 years ago. Hoses are starting to crack at the ends and I'll be darn if I buy those expensive sections. I guess my only concern is reliability / shelf life with these robots. I'd love to hear from anyone who still has an older unit that's going strong.
She will like how clean the pool after you run it. Robots do a lot better job getting the small stuff.. Sometimes My pool lots spotless but amazed at what it picks up after 2 hours.
I have the Pentair SE ( same as s200 ), its cleans tile line and works great, I don't need a lot of bells and whistles.

I'd love to hear from anyone who still has an older unit that's going strong.
Mine will be 4 years old in May. It spend about 9 months out of the year in the pool. It still works great. The colors on the shell are a bit faded and the cord is starting to get a bit grainy so might need to replace it later this year.

I know @Jimrahbe has had Maytronics robots that have lasted many years.

I'd love to hear from anyone who still has an older unit that's going strong.

N,

I've been using Dolphin Robots for about 15 years or so..

I bought two used Dolphin Diagnostics that I fixed up and ran for about 6 or 7 years in rent house pools.. When I built my pool I bought a Dolphin Premier that just gave up the ghost a few weeks ago which made it about 7 years old. Over the past couple of years I have replaced them all with Dolphin S200 (style) robots.. They are twice the cleaner the Premier was at about half the cost.. I won't know about the reliability of the new units for a few more years..

My gut says that the average life of a robot is about 5 years.

My Premier was expensive, came with a caddy and remote. I used the remote once and that was the day I got it. I found the caddy, for me, was useless... I keep my robots near the pool and mount the power supply to a wall.. I have zero need for the fancy bells and whistles that just make the robot cost more, but do not make it clean any better..

As far as the leave-it-in-the-pool, or take-it-out-each-day, question... I do both.. I don't like to see it in my pool, so it normally gets removed when done cleaning.. But the two units at my rent houses, just live in the pool unless the tenant takes it out..

Thanks,

Jim R.

N,

I've been using Dolphin Robots for about 15 years or so..

I bought two used Dolphin Diagnostics that I fixed up and ran for about 6 or 7 years in rent house pools.. When I built my pool I bought a Dolphin Premier that just gave up the ghost a few weeks ago which made it about 7 years old. Over the past couple of years I have replaced them all with Dolphin S200 (style) robots.. They are twice the cleaner the Premier was at about half the cost.. I won't know about the reliability of the new units for a few more years..

My gut says that the average life of a robot is about 5 years.

My Premier was expensive, came with a caddy and remote. I used the remote once and that was the day I got it. I found the caddy, for me, was useless... I keep my robots near the pool and mount the power supply to a wall.. I have zero need for the fancy bells and whistles that just make the robot cost more, but do not make it clean any better..

As far as the leave-it-in-the-pool, or take-it-out-each-day, question... I do both.. I don't like to see it in my pool, so it normally gets removed when done cleaning.. But the two units at my rent houses, just live in the pool unless the tenant takes it out..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim, I'm having my spider 6 way valve rebuilt at a local shop and he carries the T series. I saw this in another post and was wondering since Maytronics seems to love to confuse us do you or anyone else know if this is still true?
Quote:
S200 = Active 20 = T35
S300 = Active 30 = T45
S300i = Active 30i = T55i

Thanks, everyone!

N,

Seems identical to me...

Our favorite place to buy robots is Marina Pool and Spa.. Great prices, 2 year warranty, 2 day free shipping..

I just bought a new Pentair Warrior for $699... Ordered it on Friday and it was in my pool on Sunday..

You have to call them and they don't open until 10 am Colorado time...

Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077
[email protected]

Thanks,

Jim R.

I've had a Dolphin/Maytronics robot for over 6 years now and it was one of the best decisions I made after struggling with suction line cleaners previously. The rollers and cable are showing some slight wear and tear but otherwise still does the job, impressed.

Just today I stumbled upon this battery powered robot cleaner on Slickdeals (Amazon.com : AIPER SMART Cordless Automatic Pool Cleaner, Strong Suction with 2pcs Upgraded Motors, Lightweight, IPX8 Waterproof, Auto-dock Robotic Pool Cleaner, Ideal for Above/In-ground Flat Pool Up to 538+Sq Ft : Garden & Outdoor) and went down the rabbit hole of similar cordless products, daydreaming of me not having to plug in my Dolphin or deal with the cable at all. I assume they don't have near the suction, but some of the reviews made me think otherwise. I was eyeballing the next model up that runs for up to 90min, and seeing as I love my Roborock vacuum so much thinking... maybe? Amazon.com : AIPER SMART Cordless Automatic Pool Cleaner, Rechargeable Robotic Pool Cleaner with Up to 90 Mins Run Time, IPX8 Waterproof, Ideal for In-ground/Above Ground Swimming Pools Up to 861 Sq Ft : Garden & Outdoor Was curious if anyone had experience with these and can tell me if I'm wasting my time debating on trying one out.

Last edited:
I placed an order last night with Marina Pool & Spa. I read the Dolphin Active 30i = Dolphin S300i = Dolphin Triton Plus are the same** so we picked active 30i(color) great price.
Hope it gets here before the weekend 🤞🏼
Co. To NY
It's certainly decision time. I'm opening up the pool 2nd weekend in May... Polaris Days happening again this weekend but it sure looks like no one can touch Marina in terms of pricing. Were you charged sales tax @Heavenlytunes?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Apologies. After getting it from my car it's 2020 literature. If it means anything, last year the Active30i rebate was $75 from May1 through July 31. There is a place on the Maytronics site to enter your serial number and that will register your warrany and activate your rebate process. That much I do know.

Reactions: Heavenlytunes
I placed an order last night with Marina Pool & Spa. I read the Dolphin Active 30i = Dolphin S300i = Dolphin Triton Plus are the same** so we picked active 30i(color) great price.
Hope it gets here before the weekend 🤞🏼
Co. To NY
Hi @Heavenlytunes Could you please share how it's going with your new Active 30i? That's one of the only ones left in stock at Marina, and I'd appreciate your thoughts before I make a purchase. Been playing phone tag with them, so I've been unable to get my questions answered. Waiting for an email response.
Is everything working properly? Are you having any issues with the app, and a big one for me, does it get stuck on the drain? Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Hi @Heavenlytunes Could you please share how it's going with your new Active 30i? That's one of the only ones left in stock at Marina, and I'd appreciate your thoughts before I make a purchase. Been playing phone tag with them, so I've been unable to get my questions answered. Waiting for an email response.
Is everything working properly? Are you having any issues with the app, and a big one for me, does it get stuck on the drain? Thanks so much!
Is been a few weeks and no problems.
It does a great job with fine sand and other stuff at the bottom of the pool. I usually do 2 runs of 2.5 each

Attachments

• 16217070434027350121414484412542.jpg
    16217070434027350121414484412542.jpg
    670.1 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Jill F

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.