It might be mislabeled.

Try this setting.
1673049913067.png
1673049807410-png.468053

Attachments

• 1673049807410.png
    1673049807410.png
    476 KB · Views: 59
Here’s a picture of my multimeter - I don’t believe it can test for capacitance since there’s no symbol on the rotary dial (but it does have the capability in the instruction manual for some reason). It says to turn the dial to a symbol that doesn’t exist on my model.

1673050455206.png

I believe the pool panel is receiving 240V, each of the red and black line feeds read 120V with a multimeter.

The circulating pump is on a double pole 15A breaker on the bottom of the picture.
That motor is beyond end of life. A long-time seal leak has destroyed it. The noise you hear is, most likely, the rotor being pulled into the stator because the bearings are so bad. This motor can replace it:

If you decide to get a new SuperFlo VSP, be aware that you will need a very-difficult-to-obtain communication cable to operate it with your existing automation. The Whisperflo VST has the same issue. You will need to install a 20A Siemans GFCB in place of the pump breaker you now have.

You would be better off with an Intelliflo 011056. They are supposed to come with the proper communication cable. It will communicate with your automation.

There are still a few places that carry to exact pump you have, according to their website (Leslie's), but they won't be around for long as they are no longer DOE compliant. Existing stock can be sold, but they can no longer be made in or for this country.

This looks like a single speed 3 phase pump motor. 354805S.

It won't work for this pump.

BrandPentair
EnclosureDesignTEFC
FinishColorAlmond
FlangeTypeSquare
ForUseWithWhisperFlo® High Performance Pumps
FrequencyRating60 Hz
HP1
ItemMotor
NumberOfSpeed1-Speed
Phase3-Phase
VoltageRating208/230/460 V

Last edited:
I don't think that the 354805S would work.

In any case, it does not come with a drive.

I would just get the whole pump.
  • Product # : PAC-101-9962
  • Mfg : PENTAIR WATER POOL AND SPA INC
  • Mfg # : 354805S
  • Department : PUMPS
  • Product Line : Motors, Commercial
  • UOM ( Default ) : EA
  • Obsolete : This product is not obsolete.
  • Ship Weight (lbs) : 27.00
  • Shipping Dimensions : 23.00x9.00x12.00
  • Product UPC : 788379865368

This looks like a single speed 3 phase pump motor. 354805S.

It won't work for this pump.

BrandPentair
EnclosureDesignTEFC
FinishColorAlmond
FlangeTypeSquare
ForUseWithWhisperFlo® High Performance Pumps
FrequencyRating60 Hz
HP1
ItemMotor
NumberOfSpeed1-Speed
Phase3-Phase
VoltageRating208/230/460 V

It is, same as a VSP without the VFD. Used many of them, especially in some areas of my town that have voltage of about 208V (downtown). They work well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
208 is a three-phase voltage.

Unless you have 3 phase power or a drive, it won't work.

Three phase has three power wires.

View attachment 468227
Well, ya got me. Paid more attention to the picture than the specs. Looks the same. I meant this motor:

Too bad. There's 8 of the .75hp, 9 of the 1hp, 25 of the 1.5hp, 8 of the 3hp available here at just one supplier. Must be a California thing, though the last three aren't actually legal here and the box has that label on it (but they still sell them). Florida may be different and just use the DOE requirements.

There's nothing as good as new except new, and o_0 would be better off with a new VSP, but I have always been a fix before replace service guy if what the customer has works for them.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, you likely will experience nuisance tripping with a SquareD GFCB. That's why Pentair has their own, a Seimans QPF2 with a Pentair label. Check Home Depot for the Siemans one.
Ok I’ll switch it for that one instead.

The pool company tech that came out to quote a repair said that the superflo would fit - but also advised that they don’t carry the cables necessary for automation so it wouldn’t have been able to communicate with our easy touch setup.

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.