life expectancy intex 2650?

Jun 6, 2016
Asheville nc
Hi all- I have used my intex 2650 with swg for 3 seasons. At the end of this past season it would run for about one minute, then shut off. I cleaned all the parts in vinegar as suggested with no change. Should I invest more time into a fix? Would I even know if I have fixed it if it isn't connected to the swg and pool?
What other pump brands do you suggest, and can I use my existing filter? I do intend to upgrade to the sharkline matrix eventually, so I want enough hp for that.
Thank you

Smitty, just checking back to see if you are still working on that SWG? Your post looks to have been sitting for a couple week now with no reply, so I wanted to kick the dust off of it and get it moving again. While a reasonable SWG life expentancy is ~ 5 years, some of the more economical brands may fail a bit sooner. Can't say as I'm surprised at 3 years. Hopefully some others will reply with some other sources to help you out.

Hey, thanks!
I am in the process of gathering info on an appropriate upgraded system. Still learning a lot. It was pointed out that my pool size on my signature looks larger than it is- its 18' round and 48" deep to top of pool. Any advice on a new filter/swg system greatly appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.