Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
2023 has been a challenge. In August there was my suction line repair job, followed by my return jet replacements in Oct. Both of those jobs can be seen HERE.

After getting the return jets completed, sealed, and pool filled, it was time to crank-up the system. Flip the pump switch - nothing. GFCI tripped. Motor works in a non-GFCI, but not on any GFCI, so something odd happened while sitting dormant for a few days during my plumbing repairs.

Last night I brought the pump in the house and stripped it completely down. Removed the end bell housing from the motor casing so I could strip it completely down to inspect and clean the motor rotor, windings, bearing, etc. Looking for anything that may have crawled in there or caused a short while sitting for a few days. No leaks or moisture. There was a dead scorpion in there, but I don't think that was the issue. There was one very tiny nick on a neutral wire, so I fixed that, then cleaned everything out with compressed air really well.

After making this old 10-year motor look new again, I put it back together and just like Frankenstein - "It's alive!" Success! But not so fast.

Now my SWG module is unresponsive. Are you kidding me? :brickwall: :brickwall: Module says "No Cell Connection", and no touch pad buttons do anything. After working flawlessly for almost five seasons, I suspect something is stuck or acting-up after sitting dormant for a few days. So today it's all about the SWG.

My goodness, sometimes you just have to take a deep breath. Pool life. Watcha gonna do?

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

It’s your pool’s way of acting like a teenager - it wants to be like all the cool kids and get a variable speed pump. You’re making it wear those Goodwill $5 pair of “gently used” sneakers when all the neighborhood kids have brand new Nike Air high tops … come on dad, I want a VSP!!!!! Pleeeeeeeaaase ….

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.