Let's See Your Test Kit!

Let's see if we can post a link to another TFP thread that I started a few days ago

Hi. I know this is old, but can you post a pic of the 2006C kit from above? I wanted to know how much leftover room is in there. Thank you.

Not quite sure what you are asking for in addition to the picture already posted. There's not much leftover room. The bottles fill most of the space in the container. Then there are 2 slots in the middle. One holds the comparator. The other holds the booklet and the CSI wheel. I suppose you could use that space for something small.

I have never once used the CSI wheel. I use poolmath for that. I do use the booklet occasionally instead of breaking out my phone to use poolmath.

Not quite sure what you are asking for in addition to the picture already posted. There's not much leftover room. The bottles fill most of the space in the container. Then there are 2 slots in the middle. One holds the comparator. The other holds the booklet and the CSI wheel. I suppose you could use that space for something small.

I have never once used the CSI wheel. I use poolmath for that. I do use the booklet occasionally instead of breaking out my phone to use poolmath.

A picture like this? This is my K-2005 (I bought before I knew what I needed and before I learned about TFP methods). The K-2005 has a lot of room left over using the .75 oz. bottles.

The other picture is the K-2005 with the regents for chlorine swapped out with the K-1515-A FAS-DPD and added the K-1766 Salt Test.

Based on what you are saying, the 2006C may not have enough room.

I think I may go with an art supply kit like Dodger has. I like to keep the bottles upright!

P.S. I also now need room for the Speedstir which is awesome. No more swirling like a newb! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1853.jpeg
    IMG_1853.jpeg
    524.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1854.jpeg
    IMG_1854.jpeg
    530.8 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Dodger
Time to wake up this thread.. Hey Mod's can you merge all the Show us your test kits threads!, There are some great ideas floating around in them.

So here is mine.. I fiddle ferted around with the bottles until I got what I thought was a logical arrangement. That darned box is just not quite right in the dimensions; too long this way, not quite right that way.. arrgh. I dispensed with the little blue boxes and laminated the test instructions. I created a little slide pocked in the lid with some packing tape for my instruction cards and reference info. The bottles are compartmentalized by test up top, and the testing vials and gear are down below.. Right now it has a home in the bottom of my wine rack, next to the wet bar where I can perform my tests! Mooo Hooo Haaa Haaa! 🧠🧪🔬🧫🧬🚽
20200623_081220[1].jpg

I finally bit the bullet after finding a good deal on a Taylor K-2006C-SALT. (Sorry TF-100, I like my bottles vertical!) :)

My first kit was a Taylor K-2005 I bought at a pool store before I learned about the FAS-DPD testing. I added a K-1766 salt test kit to that. Then once I learned about the FAS-DPD type of testing, I bought a K-1515. My Franken-Kit was a pretty nice setup. I also had the Speedstir and the test tubes for each test on a separate tray.

The K-2006C-SALT is huge! Way bigger than I thought. But once I pulled out the extra powder, extra CYA, and extra Silver Nitrate reagents, there was a lot of room for all my test tubes and Speedstir!

I am quite happy with this setup now.

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 4.14.59 PM.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Borrowed the idea from MyAZPool. Probably overkill but I like the quick reference and bottles vertical. Reagants all from TF-100. Have some extra room if I add salt or anything else. Empty spot is for the chlorine cylinder which is in the drying rack

Attachments

• 20200630_203510.jpg
    20200630_203510.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 50
@OTPirate .. Sorry I just couldn't make the case you included work.. The case was convenient but it was just not the right dimensions for how I wanted to arrange my stuff... BUT, the case will not go unappreciated.. I have something else to use it for...

In the meantime I found this little "Boite a outiles" at the local Dollar store. It does two things.. its dark so the reagents are not exposed to light AND the bottles stand up so they don't accidentally leak. I even have room for a few more things if I need to add to it. The only thing I can't fit in there is my 8ft long turkey baster for sucking water from the middle of the pool.

20200625_161742.jpg

Reactions: Mdragger88
Oh thanks! I thought I’d be all set once my T-100 came, but no. Now I need to go to the dollar store/Harbor Freight/Michaels . . . to get a case. I never thought of it, but my OCD would never let me have a case where the bottles aren‘t standing up versus laying down. I just assumed it was a Taylor clone. But even that would have the same implication because of course I need a place to store my speedstir. And here I though TFP was my avenue to save money :)

This is my K-box, no need for larger tackle box. I love the handle on the box.
Below the speedstir is the test bottle for CYA, the extra DPD powder(empty). I also like my bottles vertical.

54FAE8E8-60C3-4638-8A1C-21384152CA8A.jpeg

This is my K-box, no need for larger tackle box. I love the handle on the box.
Below the speedstir is the test bottle for CYA, the extra DPD powder(empty). I also like my bottles vertical.

If you cut the the little piece of foam in half, it will make your DPD powder bottle sit up higher. Also, the SpeedStir will fit standing up in that space you have it now. This gives you some more room for accessories, like the 10mL/25mL SampleSizer, which also fits standing up.

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 12.10.19 PM.png

• Love
Reactions: Flying Tivo

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.