Let's See Your Test Kit!

Patrick_B

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2011
Midland TX
All are welcome, any type, brand, size.......Stock or mod, old or new, big or small, let's see em' ALL! :D

Here's my whole rig....with today's bleach for a little tweak...still floating some pucks, so...:stirpot:

Bucket for Acid dilution, sample and rinse bottles, and of course my book.

Test Kit-Slightly Modded. But everything is in there...

My TF-100 kit is about 4 years old now, but I wanted to have everything in one place, so I've made some mods along the way. Once in a while I'm going over to help someone, so having it all together makes it easy. Of course I have a Speed Stir! ....and
I love the sample sizer. I use DPD pillows instead of the regular powder, but that's about it. I just re-fill as needed...

Let's see yours!!

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
All I got is one old test strip that got damp then faded out when I left it in the sun last summer........................time to upgrade I guess!

Hey Patrick.....what are those shiny little packets in there? Are those your silver bullets for when your algae goes all "WEREWOLF" on ya'!:cat:

Divin Dave

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2013
Longview, Texas
test kit? What's a test kit?
:)

Oh! You mean one of these?
My TF 100 with my note pad and instructions, Top left my Taylor OTO, Top Right my K-1766 Salt test
in front, my refills, front left, some silver bullets in case woodyp comes over, and my super duper sample bottle.
yeah baby!

Patrick_B

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2011
Midland TX
Ok, we have a start...:whoot:

Where's yours JasonLion? AND you too WoodyP...we know you guys have one........

Divin Dave's Backyard Lab! Looks like he pulled a job on TF Testkits... :lol:

Sadly the picture is long gone, but even just the description of CaOCl2's kit is still fairly amazing.
Actually that is. Wonder why he left? Maybe I should show my portable from Work....:scratch:

:(That test looks like it's organized all wrong :D
Which one?? :mrgreen:

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
"some silver bullets in case woodyp comes over,"

...................My silver bullets come in 12 oz. cans!.......and I got the T shirt to prove it!

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I organized mine so all the bottles for each test are together in the same compartment or line. I just move from one test to the next, top left down the line.

Attachments

Patrick_B

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2011
Midland TX
Alright then, a couple of more! Is that a 1001 JasonLion? If so I like it..:goodjob:

Cmon' Woody...unless you're gonna say the dog ate it! :mrgreen:

Skippy, I never thought of that layout...I like it too.

Charlie_R

TFP Expert
May 8, 2013
Mexico, MO
K-2006, almost 5 years old. Can you guess how many refills I've had to buy? Dave knows, because I've bought most of them from him!

Leebo

Admin
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
I've currently got two with similar setups.....

This one I use outside to test daily PH/FC....and if anything jumps out I'll do the FAS/DPD or TA test outside

This one I keep inside where I'm able to once a week do all the tests in the AC taking my time.

tim5055

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2014
Franklin, NC
"some silver bullets in case woodyp comes over,"

...................My silver bullets come in 12 oz. cans!.......and I got the T shirt to prove it!
Woody - I have one of I think 3 real silver bullets. Given or take about 20 years ago Coors contracted with a commercial jewelry company to make actual silver bullets for a promotion. One they were made they decided not to go forward and all were melted down - except 3.

One hangs on my key ring.......

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
Which means you have at least ONE you're willing to sell me????????? Don't tease me now!

Oh yeah...........what caliber is it? Sure I got something I can use it in!

tim5055

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2014
Franklin, NC
Which means you have at least ONE you're willing to sell me????????? Don't tease me now!
nope, I didn't make them. A friend ran the jewelry operation and he has one, I got one and a third friend got one.

It's funny, they used a .38 to make the mold, but you always loose a little when you copy an object. It ended up being about a .32

I could probably show you a picture.

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
holdup1time Testing and Balancing Your Water 3
R Testing and Balancing Your Water 3
Cincicobra Everything Else 17

Other Threads of Interest