Let's See Your Test Kit!

Ta Da!!!! Here is my test kit. Notice it has the TF-100, the Taylor K-1766, and the SpeedStir (batteries included). And.... they threw in the free Flow Testers (the mint green thingies to test the returns for direction flow and velocity)!!! I think they will work great since they kept blowing out of the box as I was taking the pictures.

You'll also see my complimentary TFP cap that came in the mail yesterday! That's me in front of the equipment....

I'll be getting back with my practice test numbers. Should I post those here or in the water maintenance section? Take care! Suz.

here is my test kit, I have added the standley case, ran out of room and it is getting tight again :)

HzG9CVnh.jpg

Now I just need a pool :shark: :party:

HxzVNefh.jpg

LOL, with all the rain it has been setting in the garage for over a month... Next Wednesday is install day. [emoji1]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm jumping in where I don't belong, but curiosity got the better of me, so I opened up the door to this thread.

I'm sitting with only a Gunite shell in my backyard, and I haven't begun Pool School or anything. I have to say, all these pictures of test kits are making me a bit nervous. Was that a Bunsen Burner I saw in one of the kits? And in one picture, I thought I saw a hazmat suit tucked behind one box!

I may have gotten in over my head with this pool business. I've got a few weeks left before water fill day - I'd better start crackin' the books now... Is this pool maintenance business really do-able by the average person??? Too late now, though. Wish me luck! Is there a final exam before I get the pool filled?? Take care. Suz.

Suz! Girl I got you covered! Look for a PM. We are going to swap phone numbers and I will walk you through each test over the phone! I would love to do it in person but that is out of my summer budget :(

Kim

Suz! Girl I got you covered! Look for a PM. We are going to swap phone numbers and I will walk you through each test over the phone! I would love to do it in person but that is out of my summer budget :(

Kim

Kim, I just saw this today - sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I have to laugh! I posted that on May 3rd, and thought I was only a few weeks from pool fill? Ha! Since then, I have read through pool school, printed much of it, and put together a pool maintenance binder. Last week, I tested our tap water and posted the numbers under Testing and Balancing Water Chemistry - or something like that.

That's as far as I've gotten, so there's a ton left that I can't seem to understand. I'm STILL a few weeks out from pool fill - I think. So, I'm hoping to test our friend's pool water this week. He has a SWG system like we will have, so that's good. It seems there are so many variables.... if this, then that, but a bit more of this, then maybe a bit less of that! I've got the day free, so I'm going to go back over some things. But any time you want to exchange numbers, that would be awesome. No pressure if something else comes up - you've got a lot of little new chicks to take care of!

Oh, and if I could fly you out here this summer, boy I would!!! Maybe next summer! :whoot: We'd have more time to play then anyways!

Suz, You got this :) too easy once you do it....

Thanks, Cowboycasey! I need all the encouragement I can get. It was good to run through some of the tests on our tap water - got my feet wet (well, my fingers). I do trust everyone that it gets easier -Trouble Free - it's the beginning I'm concerned about. Especially since we're doing the SWG system. For the first 30 days, it will be the 'regular' chlorine chemical approach, but then we will switch to the SWG chlorine. Y'all be patient with me!!! Take care and thanks! Suz.

I did not even look at the dates on the posts. LOL I just saw your worry and wanted to let you know I am here for you.

Right now the only thing I have to worry about is if I should roll back over and sleep for a while more or get up and jump in my pool right away!

Kim

I did not even look at the dates on the posts. LOL I just saw your worry and wanted to let you know I am here for you.

Right now the only thing I have to worry about is if I should roll back over and sleep for a while more or get up and jump in my pool right away!

Kim

Oh, tough call! So far, I've spent the day being lazy, so if I had clean water in my pool, I'd be ready to jump in! Either choice is a good one!

gci46LK.jpg

Everything fit nicely in a tackle box I had laying around. I'm sure you can find a similar or better one at walmart or a fishing store.

It's nice because all the TF-100/K2006 tests fit onto the top shelves, and then there's plenty of room in the bottom for salt/metal tests, large reagent bottles, borate strips, and speedstir/sample sizer/whatever else.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.