Leslie’s Jacuzzi Hayward T-Cell-15 replacement experience?

etuser

Mar 28, 2020
Houston
I understand that generic replacement cell brands can be hit or miss, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with the one at Leslie’s. Seems like at least it would be easier to get a warranty replacement if there is an issue. Thanks.

You read the fine print at the bottom of Leslies extended warranty?

Equipment or parts that fail as a result of a manufacturing defect during the warranty period will be either repaired and/or replaced at the sole discretion of Leslie’s and at no charge to the original purchaser.

Most cell failures are not caused by manufacturing defects. A low quality cell that does not have a thick coating on its plates will wear out sooner then a higher quality cell with more rare earth coating. Read SWG How It Works - Further Reading

I would not put much value in Leslies extended warranty.

The Jacuzzi cell costs about half the price of a Hayward cell and will probably last half as long. You pay your money and take your chances.

To qualify for the Leslie’s Equipment Protection Plan (Leslie’s EPP), all product purchases must be made at a Leslie’s Pool Supplies, Service & Repair store or at
www.lesliespool.com and must be professionally installed by the Leslie’s Service Department or a certified pool technician. Professional installation not required for Above-Ground Pool Equipment, Motors or Automatic Pool Cleaners. All warranty periods set forth below are based off of the original purchase date of the product.

So it looks like you have to pay someone to install a salt cell which could add $75-$150 to the cost of the cell . The cell looks very similar imo to many of the other generic cells that are rated for 3000 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.