Leaving for a few days prep and salt question

Cathyinww

Jul 9, 2020
Wa state
Once our pool is up and running, when we have to leave for a few days...do we just leave the pump to do it’s thing on auto and use the cover that came with it and cover it?
Also side note: we filled the pool and it’s wasn’t level so we removed water, are leveling and starting over but what I noticed is the Morton’s salt was standing in some places even after 30 hrs and the pump going for 24 hrs. 🤷‍♀️
Someone said the Clorox is high in copper but it dissolved easily. Thanks so much.

I leave my pool running, but I have no idea about your equipment- can you please fill out a signature line describing the pool, size in gallons, equipment in use, test method, ect. It really helps us answer. Look under your screen name at the top right for the signature area.

If you take your pool up to SLAM level, cover it, it should be fine for short vacations away.

Did you brush the salt you added to help it dissolve? Brushing is a good idea after adding anything to your pool.

Clorox salt has been hit or miss with brand new pools stained by impurities in the salt. Why take a chance?

Maddie

Can you leave your pool filter going and just put a solar cover on. I thought I did add my signature. I will try again. Thanks.

Attachments

• 55D68754-B870-4FC7-89E2-615A932B713A.jpeg
    55D68754-B870-4FC7-89E2-615A932B713A.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2D84F179-0A1B-46CF-844A-3D43F074FE7A.jpeg
    2D84F179-0A1B-46CF-844A-3D43F074FE7A.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 0
You mention staining with Clorox. I am going to ask a crazy question. So we got in the pool to sweep it and my husband, Son and I all have areas that are stained black on arms and legs. Very faint. I know this sounds crazy but it’s worth asking about. Getting the first pool set up was traumatic as it was unlevel and I almost sold it. I am trying to decide if I should pay to have it leveled and set it up again or just tap out and sell it. I dont want another full time job trying to figure out issues with it. The black on our bodies (while minor) is odd and concerning. Just throwing it out there. We are on well and only put in the salt. 💜much thanks for anyone’s time! Could it be the Clorox salt??? If so easy fix.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.