Leave cover open after small maintenance doses of dichlor/bleach/MPS?

UnhingedEndUser

Nov 23, 2021
Colorado
Hi everyone,

Been lurking for a few months. Just took delivery of our tub a couple weeks ago and I've learned almost everything I know from the wealth of knowledge on this forum. I'm using the 3 step bromine system and have been oxidizing with MPS since I got a bottle free from my dealer, switching to bleach shortly.

One aspect I haven't seen addressed in any threads here is off-gassing from small doses of oxidizer. After heavy use I sometimes put in a small amount of MPS to get the bromine levels back up to the ~4ppm range after being depleted. Does this kind of dose require the hot tub cover to be open for 20 minutes just like a full shock? Or do small maintenance doses not release the kind of volatile compounds of a full shock dose? Any differences in off-gassing to consider when I switch over to bleach? I'm in a colder climate so trying not to leave the cover open longer than I have to.

I live in TX. I only open the cover just after a dichlor shock. Daily maintenance including a bromine floater and a brominating concentrate has not needed an open cover. I am not seeing any degradation or otherwise bleaching of my inside cover lining.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.