Leak in pool and Jandy pro series heater not working

suhathegreat

Jun 27, 2019
Northville, Michigan
Our pool is only three years old, and this year it has been a thorn in our side - expensive, time-consuming and frustrating. Our contractor claims everything is out of warranty. We have had a slow leak, about 1-2 a day, which means our chemicals are always off and I'm filling with a hose every day for a couple of hours. Our pool cleaning company tried to epoxy our filters, but that didn't solve the issue. We hired an electrician, he changed all of the lights and epoxied those areas, but still leaking. Now the Jandy heater isn't working. PLEASE HELP! As everything I read online seems to be in a different language. We are pool illiterate. Hoping to enjoy the pool this summer :(

What did they epoxy? Why would your filter need it?
One to two inches a day is not a "slow leak." You really need a leak-detection company to find the leak. There are times when epoxy can help, but most of the time it just makes a proper repair more difficult.

Our pool is only three years old, and this year it has been a thorn in our side - expensive, time-consuming and frustrating. Our contractor claims everything is out of warranty. We have had a slow leak, about 1-2 a day, which means our chemicals are always off and I'm filling with a hose every day for a couple of hours. Our pool cleaning company tried to epoxy our filters, but that didn't solve the issue. We hired an electrician, he changed all of the lights and epoxied those areas, but still leaking. Now the Jandy heater isn't working. PLEASE HELP! As everything I read online seems to be in a different language. We are pool illiterate. Hoping to enjoy the pool this summer :(
We really need more info in order to help. What about the heater is not working? Please be specific so we can help you on this.

As for the leak, you need a leak detection company to investigate this.

They thought the leak was in the skimmers, so they thought the epoxy could seal any cracks. I have a leak detection company coming out, but not for another two weeks. I was hoping for other suggestions or help so that maybe I can save some water between now and then.

The single flashing light indicator is on, electricity to the unit is working, but seems as though it won't ignite.

Is there water under the heater? My Jandy JXI heater recently developed a leak in the heat exchanger that prevented it from working. There was a LOT of water loss leaking from the heater. I could see a puddle under my heater.

I do believe we are right at three years, but trying to work with our contractor or Jandy to having it replaced is like pulling teeth.

Call Jandy yourself. My builder was also totally useless for warranty work. Jandy says they hear this a lot. Just tell them your builder never calls back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.