Laporte tx pool build!

Jim,
First, thanks! The suction of the pump is skimmer 1, skimmer 2, and main drain. The discharge is 3 2” runs each going to 2 returns for a total of 6 returns. They said we would control flows with eyeball size. Do you have a recommendation? Thanks again

Greg,

I think I would use it as is and see if you have any issues...

That said, normally Jandy valves are installed that allow you to control the suction from each skimmer.. This allows you have more suction on the far skimmer and less on the closer skimmer. Not a major issue, just something worth having..

The same thing applies to the Return side.. it would be handy to be able to adjust the return flow from the pad rather than having to replace eyeballs.. but again not a major issue.

I have just never seen a new pool build with so few valves. In the big picture, they do not cost that much. On the otherhand, in your set up.. they can't leak... :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,
they came the next day and put valves on all of the suctions, I’ll post an updated pic of the pad. They changed the salt cell too. It’s a mud pit at the moment.

Greg,

I think I would use it as is and see if you have any issues...

That said, normally Jandy valves are installed that allow you to control the suction from each skimmer.. This allows you have more suction on the far skimmer and less on the closer skimmer. Not a major issue, just something worth having..

The same thing applies to the Return side.. it would be handy to be able to adjust the return flow from the pad rather than having to replace eyeballs.. but again not a major issue.

I have just never seen a new pool build with so few valves. In the big picture, they do not cost that much. On the otherhand, in your set up.. they can't leak... :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sorry TFP for not updating lately, but we are still at it here in Texas, and weather is getting better by the minute! We have started the construction of the palapa and the garage door addition is complete. We have also had our arm twisted into getting a full outdoor restroom.... I can certainly see the benefits in having it though! I hope everyone's pools are sparkling. I am getting somewhat better at chemistry as the days go on.

image3.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage4.jpg

Did anyone fall into the pool by "accident" while doing that work??? LOL

That is some good progress! When do you think it will be DONE?

Kim:kim:

It will probably never be done, but it will be fully functional and ready within the next week or so. I still have a lot of landscaping to plan out but that can wait, heck it might have to wait or we'll go broke!

I will be curious at what speed you will need to run your pump to close the flow switch on the IC40. Pentair states in the installation manual you are to have 12" of straight pipe before the flow switch. So your installation will be interesting to see how it reacts without it.

Take care.

Marty, just to answer this curiosity, I had the SWG orientation modified and I am able to run my pump at 1140 before my flow switch closes so I run it at 1200 most of the day, which uses about as much electricity as 2-3 lightbulbs, and I have it set to run at 2450 from 6am until 11am while I figure chemistry out. It is constantly changing for now. Next on my list is to learn how to use the manual timer to cut the SWG on and off since it appears to be wired into it.... So much for having a PB that takes the time to teach me about using my pool. Oh well, thankfully I have TFP to answer more reliably!!

Just an update on the palapa, sorry for the sideways pics!! They should come by for electrical today and hopefully be starting the outdoor bathroom soon! I will keep you guys posted.:paddle:

palapa1.jpgpalapa2.jpgpalapa3.jpgpalapa4.jpgpalapa5.jpg

Attachments

• palapa1.jpg
    palapa1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 130
  • palapa2.jpg
    palapa2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 129
  • palapa3.jpg
    palapa3.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 129
  • palapa1.jpg
    palapa1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 129

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.