Laporte tx pool build!

riley00dog Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

Love your colour choices. They really go well together. Our interior is called salt and pepper and looks similar to the close up pic you posted. Mainly white with flecks of black. Keen to see photos of your pool when it's full.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much!

I really like your coping good choice!

Thanks guy! Now I don't feel so unsure. These pool upgrade prices sometimes seem like well kept secrets. I'm trying not to get taken on a rookie mistake.

Not one of the highest upgrades but it is up there.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the input!

We had the option to upgrade for $2186 AUD which is about $1721 USD. I'd say it's a little high but given the variation between companies etc not exorbitant.

I will be curious at what speed you will need to run your pump to close the flow switch on the IC40. Pentair states in the installation manual you are to have 12" of straight pipe before the flow switch. So your installation will be interesting to see how it reacts without it.

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will be curious at what speed you will need to run your pump to close the flow switch on the IC40. Pentair states in the installation manual you are to have 12" of straight pipe before the flow switch. So your installation will be interesting to see how it reacts without it.

Take care.

Thanks Marty!
I am not looking to have an interesting build, I would much rather have a proper build, which is why I value this board and it's members information so much. I have contacted my builder and I will be having that corrected.

Gr,

My idiot pool builder installed my IC40 with a 90 degree elbow right before the flow switch, just like yours.. I have to run my pump at 1200 to ensure it stays closed. I suspect that if I had the straight pipe, I 'might' be able to drop the speed 100 or maybe 200 RPM.. But I have no way of knowing if it really makes a difference or not.. 1200 RPM works jut fine for me...

Nice looking pool,

Jim R.

Gr,

Where do the three pipes coming into your main pump come from??

And, where do the three pipes on the return side go??

I'm puzzled as to why there is not flow control on any of them???

Thanks,

Jim R.

I brought this up because the first install of our IC40 had an elbow right into the flow switch and it took 2200 rpm to close the flow switch. By rearranging and having 12 inch straight pipe it dropped to 1500 rpm. And even after replacing the flow switch last year, it stays the same.

Odd how the rates are so much different.

I brought this up because the first install of our IC40 had an elbow right into the flow switch and it took 2200 rpm to close the flow switch. By rearranging and having 12 inch straight pipe it dropped to 1500 rpm. And even after replacing the flow switch last year, it stays the same.

Odd how the rates are so much different.

Marty,

My pool builder said he'd fix it if I wanted, but I said I'd try it first and see how it worked.. If I had to run at 2200, I'd have had it fixed for sure... Not sure why so much difference between our two set ups..

I suspect your heater is the reason that you can't get below 1500...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,
First, thanks! The suction of the pump is skimmer 1, skimmer 2, and main drain. The discharge is 3 2” runs each going to 2 returns for a total of 6 returns. They said we would control flows with eyeball size. Do you have a recommendation? Thanks again.

Greg.

Gr,

My idiot pool builder installed my IC40 with a 90 degree elbow right before the flow switch, just like yours.. I have to run my pump at 1200 to ensure it stays closed. I suspect that if I had the straight pipe, I 'might' be able to drop the speed 100 or maybe 200 RPM.. But I have no way of knowing if it really makes a difference or not.. 1200 RPM works jut fine for me...

Nice looking pool,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry meant to quote this:
Gr,

Where do the three pipes coming into your main pump come from??

And, where do the three pipes on the return side go??

I'm puzzled as to why there is not flow control on any of them???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.