Chesapeake, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
After many years of planning, we went from an empty backyard to this. This coming summer will be our 3rd with this setup. Had a lot of fun planning this. The night lighting is one of my favorite parts, as well as the Sonos speakers near the ceiling. Creates a great atmosphere at night!
IMG_20180713_135805273_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180713_135826947_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180713_135839281_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180713_135852416_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190811_092738079.jpg

IMG_20190721_205136789.jpg

IMG_20190721_205357344.jpg

IMG_20190721_205408102.jpg

IMG_20180816_210405935_LL.jpg

Thanks all! Yes, I love my Sonos speakers. Like others, I now have a Sonos addiction. Haha.

Kimkats, I got mine on Amazon "Daybetter LED strip lights". Only $30! They have tape on the back, but one common complaint is that it will not hold it forever upside down. So every foot I put a dot of hot glue to hold them in place in addition to the tape. Been holding for a year now! it comes with a remote where you can select any color or blinking patterns.

Reactions: kimkats
They are stainless steel framed. The whole kitchen came as a metal frame with cement board panels. I then had stone veneer applied. WAY cheaper than using full stone. I got the setup from Big Ridge Outdoor Kitchens.

That there is a beautiful backyard setup! Great place for spending more time at home. Have you opened yet and what is your pool temp? Still two months away from swimming in central MD with no supplemental heat.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Actually I kept it open the first winter. Not a problem weather wise (esp with auto freeze protect), but it was more work scooping out old leaves, running the cleaner, adding bleach weekly, paying an extra $20-$30/month to run the pump, etc. So its closed right now - recently made a post in the Pool Opening forum on how deep I need to measure to get the correct pool temp so I know when to open. 6" down its in the low 50s. I'd prefer to leave it closed as long as possible with all the pollen. Plus like you, I don't start using it until early May.

Reactions: bmoreswim
Thanks! Well, we used granite, BUT you have to seal it multiple times (I've found) each year. Plus, oils and wine can stain it which are a pain to remove. If I could do it again I'd probably use Quartz which is bombproof and used in over 90% of all kitchens. Its just that the quartz may not look as nice.

Reactions: SouthVirginiaPool
I have granite also and haven't had an issue yet. It is sealed with miracle nine eleven which is awesome. i use it on all my granite in my house. never got a stain. my granite is under cover outside but gets crushed in the winter. i just cleaned it off and not a mark. a good sealer can last forever. a lot of companies scare people in the reseal thing. my kitchen granite hasn't been resealed in 9 years and it still beads up i have had zero stains. maybe see if you can get the miracle product. i think home depot sells it. i get mine from a local supply house where i have an account.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.