just switched to TFP

J,

I'm sure you are aware that your CYA is too high and that FC is way too low...

See this chart... https://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

If your CYA is 85 we round up to 90... so, looking at the chart you will see that the absolute lowest your ever want your FC to be is 7 and you really should be between 10 and 12.

You can also see that if you drained some of your pool water and lowered your CYA, to say 40, your FC would only have to be 5 to 7 ppm.

Your CC is ok at .5, but I suspect, since this was your first tests, that it is more likely lower. You need to do the CC test almost immediately after the FC test. If you let the water just sit there before doing the CC test, it will turn pink on its own.

Even though your TA is 140, I would not do anything to it, as long as your pH stays in range.

Glad you came over from the "dark" side and joined our little group...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

thank you. i have one return pointed up breaking the water to work on the TA. added a gallon of 8.25% to get my FC up. will test again in an hour or so.

going to add an inch of fill water, slowly work on getting that CYA down

so much to read on this site. you all have done a great job

just switched form tabs and powders to bleach today. with the rain we get here and some fill water i plan to get the cya back down over time. we are on a community well so i don't want to drain off 1/2 the water

Ah, OK. So Liquid chlorine.

If you want to minimize the amount of water you use, you would be best off lowering your CYA all in one shot.

So for example, if you wanted to go from 80 to 40 in a 30k pool, you would need to drain and add 15k total.

But if you did it 5% at time, you would need to drain and add about 20k total.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, so that makes sense. And if you are getting rain, that is good too. If you can anticipate the rain, slightly better to empty before the rain and let the rain refill. vs overflow and then empty.

just retested FAS after adding a gallon of chlorine FC is 9 CC is 0

b5f7532d18bbcfa69539c3990041d673.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.