Clermont, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Can I use a Jandy 2 port diverter valve 4716 instead of the cheap ball valves? Do they work the same as far as controlling how much water flows through?

proavia

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Feb 6, 2015
Chandler AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Yes and yes - and you won't have to replace them every few years like you would with the cheap ball valves either.

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
The biggest advantage of the 2 way Jandy valve is that it is repairable without removing the body from the plumbing. A ball valve is not repairable but it is replaceable if you cut it out of the PVC plumbing and purchase a new one which also requires you to replace or modify your plumbing to accommodate it. the upfront extra cost of a Jandy 2 way valve is worth it considering the hassles you will have in the future with a simple ball valve.

markayash

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
I used ball valves until I had one stick that required a complete redo on my plumbing after a year. Now I have Hayward and they came with unions so if one fails it’s easy to swap. I even bought a couple spares 😎

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread