Clermont, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Can I use a Jandy 2 port diverter valve 4716 instead of the cheap ball valves? Do they work the same as far as controlling how much water flows through?

Yes and yes - and you won't have to replace them every few years like you would with the cheap ball valves either.

The biggest advantage of the 2 way Jandy valve is that it is repairable without removing the body from the plumbing. A ball valve is not repairable but it is replaceable if you cut it out of the PVC plumbing and purchase a new one which also requires you to replace or modify your plumbing to accommodate it. the upfront extra cost of a Jandy 2 way valve is worth it considering the hassles you will have in the future with a simple ball valve.

I used ball valves until I had one stick that required a complete redo on my plumbing after a year. Now I have Hayward and they came with unions so if one fails it’s easy to swap. I even bought a couple spares 😎

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.