James Webb Space Telescope (JWST)

We’ll have to send @JamesW back out there with a microfiber cloth and some ArmorAll to polish it up …
They clipped his wings after the potato chip incident of '94. Been on desk duty since. They buried him deep down in sector 7-G.

tumblr_e9dc4ce8ade87ac5b7c35f35200ee631_26820d28_250.gif

View attachment 434857
NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope has produced the deepest and sharpest infrared image of the distant universe to date.

Known as Webb’s First Deep Field, this image of galaxy cluster SMACS 0723 is overflowing with detail.

Looking forward to seeing more tomorrow. 👍

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you think we fly like a Frisbee, or like General Zod in the phantom zone prison ?
Both very solid theories. But I'm tending towards General Zod. I guess we'll have to wait for the next lot of JWST's pictures to settle this dispute.

Reactions: JamesW and Newdude
  • Haha
Reactions: Saturn94 and JamesW
I find it amusing that the JWST was made to look at the furthest things in the universe like galaxies that are more than 13 billion light years away and some Bozo astronomer uses their time on the telescope to look at Jupiter, which we can see with our eyes.

I find it amusing that the JWST was made to look at the furthest things in the universe like galaxies that are more than 13 billion light years away and some Bozo astronomer uses their time on the telescope to look at Jupiter, which we can see with our eyes.

He was sure the little green men would leave vapor trails in the infrared spectrum …

• Haha
You guys all know that international law states that you must look at your house first. Just. Due to privacy concerns they released the pics of the second look at Jupiter.

Which is where the assistant looker tech guy supposedly went to get more stupider, and head looker tech guy was tying to prove it.

• Haha

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.