James Webb Space Telescope (JWST)

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
The James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) is due to launch in a little bit over a year. It should be pretty cool.

It should be able to see hundreds or even thousands of miles into space, so who knows what we might see.

Hmmmm...I might need to try and make that launch. A live launch is on my bucket list.

Are you up for a trip?

JWST will be launched.... at European Spaceport located near Kourou, French Guiana.

It's a pretty cool project. This telescope will have a "carport" the size of a tennis court to hide under so the heat of the sun will not cook the delicate instruments.
And remember, telescopes look into the past, not into space. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Since it will be near the L2 Lagrange point in the Earth/Sun system, hopefully it won't crash into the invisible planet that exists there where all the extraterrestrials are setting up their invasion force.....I, for one, welcome the arrival of our new alien overlords....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.