I've got absolutely no clue where to start!

1A811EA4-FBAA-49A5-83D6-310E0F89CE85.jpeg

Woo boy. 90 degrees outside. I just spent 3 hours out there, sooo hot. And another tornado watch!

I backwashed, leafed, vac’d super slowly, leafed again, backwashed after vac, and added 3 bottles of metal magic. I guess i’ll syart trying to rebalance tomorrow. Also going to add some filter fiber.

The pool looks great! All your hard work has finally paid off!!! Hope all the storms hold off so you can continue to enjoy it.

Moving on to try and rebalance today. I’m going to start with the bleach rather then the PH because we just had insane rain again causing me to have to drain some water last night and i’m super nervous about organics in the pool. I added extra Poly 60 while it was down pouring but I’m worried it won’t be enough for much longer.

Took about 12 hours of adding bleach to mostly stabilize. I've held 3ppm for a few hours now. I think I used 5 gallons of bleach. I never added more then the suggestion amount to reach 3ppm, testing every 30 min, then hour, then 3 hours.
My PH seems to have risen a little bit on it's own so I'm going to hold off adjusting that for 24 hours and then see where it is. So far no staining has come back.
I'm going to add some CYA and filter fiber after that.
I also just ordered a robot because apparently I have a dirt problem and I'm not going to vac for 2 hours a day in direct sunlight o_O It will be here Tues. I hope it works out!

The CYA will help you hold the FC during the day. It acts as sunscreen for the FC. If you have no or very little CYA the sun will get it all by the end of the day.

Are you adding powder CYA? If so do NOT follow the directions on the bottle. Put it in a sock or knee highs. Hang it in front of a return. You can squeeze it to help it dissolve. You can also put it in the skimmer just make sure it does not block the flow of water. I like the return as it goes right into the water. Once it is all dissolved wait a day to make sure it is all mixed up good before you test for it.

What robot did you order? I LOVE my robot!!!

Kim:kim:

Yes I’ve been adding cya tied in a knee high nylon!

How should I proceed here - I’m wanting to bring CYa up to 50ppm. Should I immediately adjust fc to match that? Or wait until the sock is dissolved? I don’t want too much unbuffered bleach since I am dealing with these stains. But I don’t want fc to be too low for the CYA, and i’m not sure how soon that is.

I ordered a dolphin E10. Not a super fancy one but I figure I can return it if it doesn’t work out!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okay. I got the cya dissolved, it goes super quick in nylons. I just sit there and massage it for like, 20 minutes.

I added half the amount of ph up called for. I’m going to take this part real slow! This is where my stains appeared last time (adding ph up), though the pool had a lot more bleach in it then.

I’ll be so happy to slip into maintaining if this all passes ?

Strawberry, You don't have to add anything to push the pH up. You can turn your return so it rolls the water good. That will push the pH slowly. Since you already have the pH up stuff use it up but remember this if there is a next time.

Yeah it will be great when your pool can just cruse along. That way you can spend more time helping others with their pools!

Sweet! Those are just like mine. See the bumps around that "ring"? They are to help you grip that ring. Remember RIghty Tighty, Lefty loosey. Grip it and turn it counter clockwise. Use a steady pressure until you feel it move. If it does not move then use a little more pressure. It has been a while since it was moved so it might take some sweet talking to get it started. We sure don't want to mess anything up right now! We will work on it over time.

Okay, I can't seem to get them to turn lol. Maybe I will have to get into the pool to have better leverage!

Added some more PH up (the other half of the bottle). Reading at 7.2 now
Bleach is holding
No CC
CYA in
Robot on the way

Guys, I think I'm about to drop into maintenance mode :kim: :kim: :kim:

Reactions: Tena and gonfishin
Also a new pool owner here. I got irritated with all the skimming and having to run the bottom robot so much (Our previous owners had a Polaris so that's what we have for the moment). We also have a LOT of trees so stuff is constantly in the pool. I got a skimmer robot, that I LOVE. It means I have to run the bottom robot less so far less back washing and less Crud in the skimmers. Overall, worth the cost to me. Though with all the rain you've had maybe solar isn't your best bet :D

There are also some skimmers (I believe) that can hook onto the electric powered robots so it skims the water at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pperc

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.