I've got absolutely no clue where to start!

so couldn’t vac on waste for long. Wow fast water drain! I got a little bit of dead alge then stuck the hose in the deep and gobbled up 4 more skimmer basket full of leafs.

I also preformed vit c test. It appears the stains are metal. They disappeared instantly where I held it.

fc : 10.5, went ahead and added 4 cups of bleach
Now you will start getting some more progress! So glad the main drain works!

Yeah, you won't have to always vacuum on waste/drain :D

so couldn’t vac on waste for long. Wow fast water drain! I got a little bit of dead alge then stuck the hose in the deep and gobbled up 4 more skimmer basket full of leafs.

I also preformed vit c test. It appears the stains are metal. They disappeared instantly where I held it.

fc : 10.5, went ahead and added 4 cups of bleach
Any way you can use a telescopic pole and Skimmer net to get those leaves out of the deep end?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Since my staining appears to be metal (maybe iron?), as the vit c tablets vanished it immediately I’ve been doing some reading. It seems there is something I can add (some kind of acid), and then i add some other thing that essentially binds the metal. I’ll need to add that binder occasionally. I also can’t do it until i’m done slamming since fc needs to be lower?

I would love to do it asap as the color is really off putting ?

The treatment used for the staining has to be done after the SLAM, they technically cancel each other out. :D

Clear the green ? and you'll be good to "attack" the orange! ?

Got my refills.

FC: 11
CC: 1

I’ve held over 10 FC since yesterday evening so I think that’s great. The 4 gallons I added at 1 AM likely bumper the level up super high. I have not needed to add bleach today so far (13ish hours since last bleach)

I think I should be at 10 FC with a cya of 20. But, should I maybe bump it up since there appeared to be something really nasty in there.
  • Some water clearing ideas:
  • Also are you able to brush the sides of the pool?
    • In the haste to get FC to "hold" I think I missed suggesting this step?
    • Now that FC is holding, you can start breaking up the algae so it starts clearing!
  • Thinking of other ideas, can you reach the bottom with garden type rakes (not the flimsy yard leaf ones, something like this)?
    • Something with more oomph to pull more crud out? (besides the pool net)
    • Or getting a longer pole for the pool net? (if you guys don't feel like you are reaching the middle/bottom of the pool?)
  • I was also trying to think of something that could roam around the bottom of the pool, kicking stuff up...
    • the intex above ground pool cleaner would be good (less than $60 from some places)
    • but I don't know how it would hook to "regular" plumbing (it's designed for attaching to the return of Intex pools)
    • AND you would have to pull it out and clean it out (but it would save back washing)

You are making SO much progress in just learning your pool and how it works. It has been awesome to watch and your learn along the way. Please never feel silly for not knowing something. We were all there for our first pool! Oh the mistakes I made :roll: to the point of ruining my first pool!!!

Don't forget to check the pump basket on the pump every once in a while. Some times small stuff can get past the skimmer basket and make it's way to the pump basket.

That piece on the deep end-I wonder if it is a return that was set too high so the added on to it to make the water exit deeper in the pool. I have same question as Splashy....does water come out of it?

One day, oh one day you will have to look at your pool with shades on as it will be so bright and sparkly!

Kim:kim:

I will check if it has a flow later on today. Im still squeamish sticking my hand that far in the pool LOL

Poor pup is having an allergic reaction to something tonight so I have my hands full :(

I have been and it seems to help a little bit. Have emergency # but I don't think she needs that yet.
All I can figure is I washed our sheets in a new fabric softener and she was in our bed. Either that, or something got on her outside. Her belly is all red and she can't resist scratching it. Got a t-shirt on her to try and stop and scrapping when I don't catch her quick enough.

I have been and it seems to help a little bit. Have emergency # but I don't think she needs that yet.
All I can figure is I washed our sheets in a new fabric softener and she was in our bed. Either that, or something got on her outside. Her belly is all red and she can't resist scratching it. Got a t-shirt on her to try and stop and scrapping when I don't catch her quick enough.
Ants or bugs the rain may have brought out? Could be something in the lawn that got brought up? Poor pup & fur-mom!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.