Is this worth pushing PB about

nhamp07

Bronze Supporter
Jul 24, 2018
New Braunfels, TX
Our pool was finished in December. We have a section of the concrete deck that slopes down from the pool then back up before the microdrain. Water stands there a good while after rains and swimming. It's kind of annoying that the slope of the deck wasn't done right.

Is this normal variations in concrete work or should I push PB to fix as part of our one year "bumper to bumper?"

I can see and fully understand your situation. The question you have to ask yourself, is the battle worth the fight?
In the grand scheme of things, is everything else good? If not, then no. But if you glaze over your pool in happiness, then pick-n-choose your battle carefully. :cheers:

The question is what will the fix be and will it be more satisfactory to you then what you have now?

Can colors be matched between existing and new surface? What needs to be removed and replaced for the fix?

I can't quite tell how much standing water there is at its deepest (an inch? half an inch?), but it would bother me a little too. That said, I agree with ajw22 --- I'm not sure what can be done about it. Depending on my relationship with my builder, I'd be tempted to text a picture of it over (preferably with someone or something standing in the water to show the depth/make clear where the water is) and ask what can be done. Maybe the answer is not much. Could you sweep it somewhere where it would go into a drain? Maybe the pool builder can do something else for you that sort of makes up for the irritation of the standing water... It's hard to imagine would could be done to fix it that would look right.

I would think they could grind off the coating..apply skim coat to level the concrete then re-apply the coating on a large section to look even. They level concrete all the time in house flips but not sure how much work it involves to remove to Kool deck coating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.