Sparkmaster

In The Industry
Aug 2, 2008
Conway SC
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Going to post a post that someone made in FB.. She added a lot after I stated a few things to her like test strips shouldn't be used, a properly balanced pool, etc etc. So I will leave the pic so you can educate me if she is right or wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221228-080158.png
    Screenshot_20221228-080158.png
    573.9 KB · Views: 192
  • Screenshot_20221228-080057.png
    Screenshot_20221228-080057.png
    236.4 KB · Views: 191
SM,

The idea that you have to replace the grids or cartridges is laughable... Just not true.

Grids and cartridges should last many years before needing to be replaced.

I can agree with extra cleaning at any AirB&B

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Sparkmaster
jim carrey reaction s GIF

SM,

The idea that you have to replace the grids or cartridges is laughable... Just not true.

Grids and cartridges should last many years before needing to be replaced.

I can agree with extra cleaning at any AirB&B

Thanks,

Jim R.
I thought that was odd as well, but then see they mention replacing the filter baskets after cleaning. Perhaps they just mean to put them back and not leave them out? That would seem to be obvious though.

Note that for some strange reason Florida residential Pool Builders like to put in 100-250 sq ft cartridge filters. The smallest filters you can get. While TFP recommends you put in large cartridge filter - 400 - 500 sq ft. That makes a big difference in how often a cartridge filter needs to be cleaned. But we should not facts and science get in the way of her dramatic tale.

Oh, and if chlorine isn't killing everything what does she think is killing the rest of the dangerous stuff?

Pools in rental houses maintained by Pool Services have been the most poorly maintained pools I have ever seen. The owners typically have no knowledge of pool maintenance and totally rely on their Pool Service that no one is checking on.

I thought that was odd as well, but then see they mention replacing the filter baskets after cleaning. Perhaps they just mean to put them back and not leave them out? That would seem to be obvious though.
No... I replied again to her comment about that and told her all that needs to be done is backwash and a good cleaning now and then.. She stated the water hitting the grids will damage them and that is why to replace them.. LOL

• Wow
Reactions: HeyEng
Note that for some strange reason Florida residential Pool Builders like to put in 100-250 sq ft cartridge filters. The smallest filters you can get. While TFP recommends you put in large cartridge filter - 400 - 500 sq ft. That makes a big difference in how often a cartridge filter needs to be cleaned. But we should not facts and science get in the way of her dramatic tale.

Oh, and if chlorine isn't killing everything what does she think is killing the rest of the dangerous stuff?

Pools in rental houses maintained by Pool Services have been the most poorly maintained pools I have ever seen. The owners typically have no knowledge of pool maintenance and totally rely on their Pool Service that no one is checking on.
She has a business in Florida maintaining pools. I believe she is using scare tactics to sell products or services..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I came here thinking I would help teach (big dawg mentality) and quickly found out how much false information floats around in the industry. I was corrected and humbled. I never thought I would be the one learning. Get your education here not some fb “educational post” that they either have no idea what they are talking about or intentionally spreading false information as some marketing fear tactic. :ROFLMAO:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.