Is this Intermatic tf1202t panel toast ?

It looks like you have 3 wires on each of the Load terminals (#2 & #4). In addition to pump, is the SWCG connected? Do you also have the booster pump connected to this?
What is connected to the other timer?

Your signature only indicates 3 electrical items - VSpump, booster cleaner pump and SWCG.

You mention having a Hot Tub but do not indicate if you have heater. Please clarify what is on which timers and connection points.

Panel itself may not be toast, but the easily replaceable mechanism definitely is. Need to cut the burned wire back to clean copper. There are way too many wires in that burned lug. That many wires won't allow the lug to tighten properly and you see the results.
The panel originally came with two T-104M clocks, available at Home Depot/ Lowes. You should replace both.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Best practice is to never have more then two wires under one screw.

If you need to connect more wires to one screw then you wire nut them together with a short pigtail that connects to the screw.

Check that the proper gauge wires were used for the amp rating of the circuit breaker.

Reactions: HermanTX
Unfortunately I inherited it when I bought the house. Had no idea it was configured like that.
Is there a chance the other electrical equipment has been damaged like the salt panel?
Your equipment likely wasn't damaged, just the wiring. You don't need a time clock for your filter pump. If you are not familiar with working on electrical panels/equipment, it would be best to find a good pool electrician. Even an electrician that can wire houses, etc. has a hard time understanding pool equipment most of the time.

Unfortunately I inherited it when I bought the house. Had no idea it was configured like that.
Is there a chance the other electrical equipment has been damaged like the salt panel?
You probably need to make a decision on how you want to control your pool going forward. You can purchase new dual time clocks and rewire everything properly. Or you can consider an automation system which provides you control via phone app and/or computer. This would have dedicated relays to wire such items as booster pump and air blower.

Also, you could consider removing the booster pump and go with an electric robot (that would be connected to a separate 120V GFCI plug) - although the booster pump is not your problem because it is on the right-side time clock.
The left side time clock is overloaded with the VS Pump, Heater, SWCG and blower. Although it is hard to tell exactly viewing the pictures.

You can do some research on the various options, but suggest you find a pool electrician who understands how it should be wired for safe operation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.