Is this acceptable? Opinions, Please

For some sales people, not all, (I do not want to generalize since there are wonderful people in the biz) spending too much time with a client mitigates the risk of losing another. This holds true now due to COVID. The PBs are flooded with interest and the sales team want to sell. They may also be short-staffed. Are you going to upgrade your ET?
When my 3-year warranty expires. I'm not buying a new one, but rather updating the board, to an ET 8.

Reactions: ald2002
ALD,

I'm sure they will say the 3 HP IntelliFlo is overkill.. and this would true if it were a single speed pump.. But it is a VS pump.. A VS pump really should be called a variable horsepower pump..

You just use the amount of HP you need.. I run mine 24/7 at a low RPM, (1200) for less than $20 bucks a month..

I would demand an IntelliFlo.. It will be more money upfront, but you will make it back over time.. Having the right "tool" is the key to any job and the IntelliFlo is the right tool when you have an EasyTouch..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Well written advice and I may quote you on that. Thanks again!

Well written advice and I may quote you on that. Thanks again!
@Jimrahbe @mknauss @Dirk - PB gave me models for ET. Its the 520593 comes with IC40 salt water generator 520555. Is this what I should purchase? Also, they will upgrade me to Intelliflo 3hp VS and CCP420 filter for 705.00. Thoughts? Thanks.

The 520593 is the EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40. That is the full pool spa version with integrated load center and SWCG power center. It has 4 relays. It is what I have.

Get the model number of the Intelliflo. Should be 011028 or 011056. The filter is big for your pool but that is OK.

The 520593 is the EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40. That is the full pool spa version with integrated load center and SWCG power center. It has 4 relays. It is what I have.

Get the model number of the Intelliflo. Should be 011028 or 011056. The filter is big for your pool but that is OK.
Thanks! I don’t have a spa. Which ET model
Number do you recommend?
Can I use the CC320 filter with the Intellifo.

Thanks! I don’t have a spa. Which ET model
Number do you recommend?
Can I use the CC320 filter with the Intellifo.
I have the CC320 and love it, it works great with a VS pump, you may have to change out the pressure gauge to the smaller one.. I run mine at 1250 rpm for my SWG and it is at 3 PSI...

ALD,

I think Marty got confused on this one...

P/N 520593 is correct and the number you want.. It is a Pool OR Spa version of the EasyTouch that comes with the IC40..

The bigger the filter the less often you will have to clean it.. I think the upgrade to the IntelliFlo and CCP-420 is a good deal. That said, the CCP-320 will work just fine..

See this page... EasyTouch Systems

Thanks,

Jim R.

ALD,

I think Marty got confused on this one...

P/N 520593 is correct and the number you want.. It is a Pool OR Spa version of the EasyTouch that comes with the IC40..

The bigger the filter the less often you will have to clean it.. I think the upgrade to the IntelliFlo and CCP-420 is a good deal. That said, the CCP-320 will work just fine..

See this page... EasyTouch Systems

Thanks,

Jim R.
THANK YOU @mknauss, @

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Confirmed the Intelliflo model is 011056.

You might go back and read/re-read my post #17 about the 4 vs 8 models of ET (number of relays).

@Jimrahbe, can you help me remember? The pump and SWG will be one relay, and the light will be another, so two total, right?

A heater won't need a relay?
Do actuators use relays?

Last edited:
You might go back and read/re-read my post #17 about the 4 vs 8 models of ET (number of relays).

@Jimrahbe, can you help me remember? The pump and SWG will be one relay, and the light will be another, so two total, right?

A heater won't need a relay?
Do actuators use relays?
Thanks! Good idea. Head is spinning pool and work- related analysis at one time.

ald,

The SWCG will use the Pump/Filter relay to make sure the cell is off if the pump is not running. The IntelliFlo itself does not use a relay.

A heater will use a small internal relay. Not one of the 4 high voltage relays..

Any light that you want to control "individually" will need a relay, and if low voltage, a transformer.. If not controlled individually, then only one relay is needed.

If you don't have solar, then you can easily add a 5th relay.

Valve actuators do not use relays.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Dirk
ald,

The SWCG will use the Pump/Filter relay to make sure the cell is off if the pump is not running. The IntelliFlo itself does not use a relay.

A heater will use a small internal relay. Not one of the 4 high voltage relays..

Any light that you want to control "individually" will need a relay, and if low voltage, a transformer.. If not controlled individually, then only one relay is needed.

If you don't have solar, then you can easily add a 5th relay.

Valve actuators do not use relays.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks! I don’t have heat yet but will likely add in the future. It looks like this model will work! Again, that to @Jimrahbe @Dirk and @mknauss and everyone else for your kindness and support.

Reactions: Dirk
Accomplished the week:
Upgraded Superflo to Intelliflo ✔
Coping and veneer finished ✔
Flagstone mortar incorrect color (See photo). Three friends confirm its taupe. PB said it’s a gray/taupe. 🤷‍♀️
Owner too exhausted to argue and learn to be one with said color ✔

Next Steps:
Grade
Pour concrete decking
Install pool equipment

Questions:
1. Advice for the pour? Was told concrete is poured over soil.
2. Nails remain on side of gunite shell (see photo). I asked PB if nails need to be removed. The answer: no. Is there a risk to leave nails?

As always, thank you.

Attachments

• 33387A21-5503-41BF-806F-6BB8C4145D24.jpeg
    33387A21-5503-41BF-806F-6BB8C4145D24.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 9BEFCD19-5893-407B-BA49-EE122C22C420.jpeg
    9BEFCD19-5893-407B-BA49-EE122C22C420.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 2F8B9FC3-4919-4D31-A8FD-6F458342D279.jpeg
    2F8B9FC3-4919-4D31-A8FD-6F458342D279.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
Are the nails on the pool side of the gunite? They will rust if exposed to moisture. So depending on what is covering them, if moisture is allowed to get to them, then will eventually rust and that rust will eventually show through what ever is covering them.

Are the nails on the pool side of the gunite? They will rust if exposed to moisture. So depending on what is covering them, if moisture is allowed to get to them, then will eventually rust and that rust will eventually show through what ever is covering them.
Thank you. The nails are on not on the pool side. They are on the outside. I am concerned if they rust it will eventually show through the concrete decking. Maybe not?

If covered by several inches of concrete, should not be an issue. If only covered by a thin layer of stucco or some other covering, could be an issue.

If covered by several inches of concrete, should not be an issue. If only covered by a thin layer of stucco or some other covering, could be an issue.
Thanks again! I will ask the PB to remove the nails. I don’t want an issue in the future.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.