MNJ

Jun 4, 2021
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m very new to pool ownership. I’m trying to determine if my pool pump is bonded. Is this a bonding wire?9BFA7A69-1702-4F7B-B2A9-73C2FD41E42A.jpeg

That is where it is supposed to be connected.. Where does that wire go? It should be a bare copper wire...

It runs into the ground by the pump and the sand filter. We don’t have a heater. The pump timer is attached to a wooden post and the main breaker is inside my house. The pool light has a separate switch in a electrical box outside the house.

I just noticed... Welcome to TFP :)

It could very well be a bonding wire and if you only have a pump and light, that light is also your water bonding so if those are the only 2 pieces of equipment that is what they are connected to... Do yo have a concrete deck or anything else within 5 feet of the pool? those will also have bonding going to them...

Reactions: MNJ
Thanks for your welcome! I’m so happy to have found this forum.
The pool is gunite with a small concrete deck and a detachable ladder ( I think the cups would be bonded?).

the cups and the concrete "should" also be bonded.. It is interesting they used sheathed bonding wire when the NEC clearly says bare copper wire... But I garantee your pool got inspected many many times in NJ so you should be good... I am building my own pool and I got a walk through inspection and that will be all.. Got the green light to build the whole pool with no inspections :)

Reactions: MNJ
Thanks, I’m going to have an electrician out and wanted to have a basic understanding. We bought the house last year but no one ever inspected the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.