Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
In the process of building a 10k gallon IG with a couple water features -- 2 bubblers and a 24" sheer. When I asked the PB if we could add a second 24" sheer they stated I would need to add a separate pump at the cost of $1k. They have me setup for an Ecostar VS pump as the main pump, which based on my research seems to be overkill already for my small-ish pool. Just on pure GPM specs the sheers look to use around 10-12gpm/ft and the bubblers are 6-9gpm. I saw in a product manual for the sheer they recommend not using more than 40% pump capacity for the sheers. With that said the Ecostar is rated at a theoretical 160gpm so the sheers would need to stay under 64gpm. Two 24" sheers and two bubblers would be close but am I missing something else that would cause me to need a separate pump for the water features?

I too would think the Ecostar would be plenty to run all that. Usually only need seperate pumps for water features if you also have a spa that would need to use the main pump independently.

Thanks guys! My assumption is they want it to have some cushion and adding another sheer would take that away. Either that or the actual flow rates on the EcoStar are no where near the 160gpm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.