DFW - Plano, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hello all ~ We renovated in 2017 and added 3 16" sheer descents driven by a Pentair WhisperFlow 1.5hp. Is there a more appropriate pump to use for this function? Can/should they use a VSP? Since the remodel, we have switched to VS filter pump and its electric usage is miniscule. Would like to understand if we can achieve the same kind of savings on the sheers. They a particular electric hog when in a freeze protect situation. Odd to be thinking about that given the current weather forecast for DFW I know..............

TIA

Yes, of course you can use the sheers on a VSP pump. I do. But, I have to run the pump at 3000 to get any real sheer action. With 3, you would be up at 3000 as well. VSPs use less electric when they are running slower. You would save nothing unless you are happy with a trickle.

Yes, of course you can use the sheers on a VSP pump. I do. But, I have to run the pump at 3000 to get any real sheer action. With 3, you would be up at 3000 as well. VSPs use less electric when they are running slower. You would save nothing unless you are happy with a trickle.
Very good point. Hadn't thought it quite through in that regard. I guess what I really need to do is understand how to winterize them. Winterizing isn't something we have ever done. Point of fact is, they probably get 75+ of their annual runtime when in running freeze protect.

1686785927346.png

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.