Is phosphate treatment my final answer???

Has that been discussed?
Yes. Very much so. :ROFLMAO:. It's a $40 experiment to debunk the manufacturers claimes before replacing the $1k cell that appears to be functioning but isn't producing chlorine. (Low hours, lights ok, etc).

Reactions: kimkats
To confirm before I fire away this afternoon:

I am going to use 16oz Orenda PR-10000. Pool store reading of phosphates was 1650 on 5/31. My pool is 22k gallons. Bottle says 8oz per 10000 gallons at that reading. Figuring 16oz is good or should I play it safe and notch that back?

Also, my question earlier may have been missed. Leave SWG at 0% during this process? Most recent chem values are in my pool math log.

Keep your SWG off and continue using liquid chlorine until the phosphate treatments are completed and filtered out of your water and filter backwashed.

At that point phosphates should be out of water and SWG.

Then do a 24 hour test of SWG at 100% and track FC in water. You should get a climb in FC and not a drop if your cell is now operating.

Reactions: Meghanfoss
Cell inside looked super clean but I did an acid wash just to be sure and it had a barely audible sizzle.

For future cells, don't acid wash a cell that looks clean. Every acid wash reduces the life of the cell by removing some of the rare earths on the plates that make it work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If nothing else this is a learning experience for you and maybe all of us.
Yeah I’m super interested to see how this whole experiment goes! I had asked earlier but didn’t see anyone specifically address this point…we think using the recommended dosage of orenda PR-10000 is okay based on pool store call of 1650 on 5/31? From what I’m reading you don’t want to overdo it. Based on dosing and my pool size (22k gallons, confirmed with my own measurement) it says 16oz.

I am going to use 16oz Orenda PR-10000. Pool store reading of phosphates was 1650 on 5/31. My pool is 22k gallons. Bottle says 8oz per 10000 gallons at that reading. Figuring 16oz is good or should I play it safe and notch that back?

Follows Orendas direction. use 16 oz. once, filter it out, get it done, and lets see what the results are.

Does the bottle give direction on how much it is expected to drop phosphate levels per amount added? I can't see any directions online except the "don't exceed 8oz per 10k gallons" direction.

EDIT: Never mind, ajw22 has you covered :)

Follows Orendas direction. use 16 oz. once, filter it out, get it done, and lets see what the results are.
I am locked and loaded. Pool is brushed, vacuumed, skimmed, all baskets and main filter have been emptied and washed out. Polaris removed and debris bag washed out. All that’s left is to let my toddler enjoy his 15 minutes post nap, test my water one last time, and get the party started.

I am locked and loaded. Pool is brushed, vacuumed, skimmed, all baskets and main filter have been emptied and washed out. Polaris removed and debris bag washed out. All that’s left is to let my toddler enjoy his 15 minutes post nap, test my water one last time, and get the party started.
Here's where the fun begins!

Starting water chemistry:

FC 7
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 100
CYA 70
CH 330
Salt 3600
Water temp 85°
CSI -0.07

Now that my toddler is out of the water, added 1 gallon 10% LC which will bring FC to about 11.5. I want to stay ahead of FC loss in case I get tied up between now and tomorrows water test.

Water is crystal clear. SWG off. Filtration is on.

Bombs away with 16oz Orenda PR-10000!

Before application and after

Attachments

• E30AC995-178C-4C3C-9B28-1DD182D2FC34.jpeg
    E30AC995-178C-4C3C-9B28-1DD182D2FC34.jpeg
    586.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 54CCBFBC-C89C-444E-B374-0A782005F321.jpeg
    54CCBFBC-C89C-444E-B374-0A782005F321.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 39
And we are OFF...............................................
Blaze And The Monster Machines Fun GIF by Nick Jr

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.